How Much: PM G4 dual 1.0GHz

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by zelmo, Jul 13, 2005.

1. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

A former employee of mine is giving up her graphic design business to focus on raising her family. She has this Dual 1.0GHz Power Mac G4 (M8689LL/A) for sale, with the only addition to the stock config being a 512MB DDR to take the ram to 768MB. She has no asking set price, just looking for the best offer.
    Given that I know she takes good care of her kit, what do you think this is worth?

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Here is a simialer PowerMac I sold on ebay just this past April. It should give you an idea of the market value.
    link

3. zelmo thread starter macrumors 603

zelmo

Thanks for the link. I was thinking definitely sub-$1,000, and now I'm thinking maybe in the $800-850 range, considering she only has 768MB DDR installed. This could be a nice upgrade over some of the Macs we have at work.

4. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Sounds like a reasonable price to me. A dual 1GHz PowerMac G4 should still pump out some good performance! Enjoy your new Mac if your former employee sells it to you at your asking price.