How much should i sell a month old iBook G4 for?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by john_satc, Mar 28, 2005.

1. john_satc macrumors 6502

I am possibly looking to sell my 12" iBook G4 with - 512 ram , airport, 1.2ghz , combo drive, 30 g har drive etc. with carry case/bag. perfect condition with no scratchers etc. It comes will all disks, box, packaging and paper work - including receipt. Still has nearly a years waranty left. how much is this worth? (and if anyone wants to make an offer i dont mind)

ps hope this in right forum :confused: and its in the UK

2. Little Endian macrumors 6502a

$800 USD sounds about right. You may be able to find someone to pay around $900 for your ibook but nothing more. Apple Refurb and EDU pricing for your config is about $900 so anything more than $900 and most people would just rather buy new, refurb. or EDU.

3. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Somewhere between $800 and $900. You could buy a better machine then that for like a hunded more. So i think thats a reasonable price. Check out ebay and see what other people are selling them for. Why do you want to sell it? Please tel me your getting a bigger and better computer.

4. john_satc thread starter macrumors 6502

I possibly will get an iMac instead, and then when I go to uni (summer '06) get an iBook - hopefully by then an G5 ibook

5. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

G5 ibook, ha ha ha ha, that is funny. G5 ibook in a little more than a year, pass me some of that..

6. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Yeah, that's exactly when I plan to buy a G6 powerbook, 3,5 Ghz or something!

7. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

don't forget the quadruple processor powermac!

8. john_satc thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks 4 all uze being supportive to a man newbie.

I have read quite a few posts on here with experienced mac users mocking new people, it shows just how friendly some of you are. It is a shame as it clouds over the nice people on this forum who actually want to help rather than try and look smart and funny.

9. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

Ok well then let me break this to you gently. G5 ibook=not gonna happen. The g5 might not even make its way into a laptop let alone an ibook. My advice to you is keep the ibook you have because in a year they wont be much different or better. And go buy that imac you want. ;) :p

10. shortyman macrumors member

shortyman

Don't worry too much bud, he's only joking! Through my short experience with MacRumors I have to say that its community is great.

:)

11. john_satc thread starter macrumors 6502

alrite yeah, i probs overeracted

anyway, i have decided to stick with my ibook

i made the G5 comments as i have seen on others sights people mention them... i dont know what you may all know about computers but i can rival any of use on sex and the city ;)

12. eleveneastgate macrumors 6502

Good Choice!

NICE! I think you've made a wise choice, iB's are great for travelling & school, and you get a better Airport signal with them than the PB's.

BTW, don't let some people here get you down. I agree some can be impatient with "newbies". Hey, at least you got an answer. Some won't even give you the time of day. :confused:

I advise you do a "search" if your interested in a topic before you post. :D

Peace!

13. john_satc thread starter macrumors 6502

i tried as search to see how much people were selling their ibooks for (uk only) and got one result worth it.
    anyway, thanks 4 your help!