How much to pay for power washing?

Discussion in 'Community' started by wordmunger, Aug 19, 2005.

1. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I've just had a guy (a painter I know has done good work before) come up to my door and offer to power wash my sidewalk, driveway, walkway, and porch (all concrete) for $350. They're all quite mildewy and dirty. Anyone had this type of work done before? Does this seem like a good price? I've got about 150 feet of sidewalk, 60 feet of driveway, 50 feet of walkway, and a 30 square foot porch.

2. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

You could always do it yourself:
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00005JRIQ/103-8369279-3404617?v=glance&s=hi&n=3116061

3. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Rent a power washer yourself for $40 for the day. Make sure you get the correct selection of nozzles for the job at hand. Hire a kid if you don't have the time. It's not skilled work, you just have to take it at a steady, slow pace to get even results. Your concrete will not come out perfectly evenly coloured in any case - it's too hard to remove exactly the same amount of grime in each sweep of the nozzle.

I make it a policy to refuse any 'cold call' home maintenance people, whether on the phone or at the door.

4. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Don't forget to use some bleach on the mildewed area.