How much to sell for?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Appler, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Appler macrumors member

I was thinking of selling my 15.4 inch MBP (Core Duo 2.16 Ghz, 100 GB 7200 rpm, 2 GB Ram, with the rest of the regular specs) to upgrade to Core Duo 2 with the opportunity to have more Ram. The computer is in excellent condition, apart from a very small dent on the left panel (opposite to the CD drive) that is invisible almost all the time. I will probably sell it with its own original Windows XP copy. How much do you think i can get for it? Or do you think I should just wait and upgrade when Leopard is released?
    Any advice is appreciated.
    Thanks

2. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

No more than the cost of a refurb MBP of the same spec. I see an upgraded HD and RAM so I'd so maybe $1600ish with Windows XP CD

3. Twenty1 macrumors member

Try searching the completed listing on eBay. That'll give you an idea of what it may sell for on their website. I sold my old G3 iBook for around $500; shocked the heck out of me someone was willing to pay that for my system.

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

sorry but how can you say a computer is in excellent condition when it has a dent??? i find that funny as its like saying my car runs perfect, its just that it has hail damage. i wouldn't call that excellent personally

5. redmeister macrumors 6502

i thought 1700 based on hardware alone... but the lil dent i assume would bother buyers... so maybe knock a lil off the price for that

i agree about pricing against the refurb though... bc i know i would take a refurb vs a used one if they were the same price. simply bc apple has looked at it again and said its alright

just take that into consideration