how much will 15" G5 AluBooks be priced???

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by toughboy, Jun 16, 2003.

1. toughboy macrumors 6502a

May 2, 2003
    Izmir, Turkey
    What do you think about the next pricing decision and strategy of Apple about the next gen. G5 powerbooks??

Will they continue to *overprice* their products and take a small amount of market share like 2500 for Combo and 2800 for SuperDrive models, or will they lower their prices and show their want to be the master of the market share and enjoy long-run profits with a 2000 Combo and 2200 for the SuperDrive???

What do you think??
  2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

Jun 25, 2001
    Moneyapolis, Minnesota
    i've got a feeling that apple will try to keep pricing relatively even on all of their products with at most a $200 USD price difference. i can't see such a small company raising prices too much higher, unless the same happens with the rest of the computer market first.
  3. mactastic macrumors 68040

Apr 24, 2003
    They'll be (pinkie finger in corner of mouth) one MILLION dollars!

Probably similar in cost to those out now. Maybe a little more for the (hopefully) high end 970 model.
  4. chicagdan macrumors 6502a

Jan 3, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    They just dropped the price on the 12" Al-book and likely won't do so again for awhile, so consider that the base. It's $1600 for the base model, $1800 with superdrive, another $200 to go up to 640 MB and $100 more for Airport Extreme. Okay, that's $2100 and it's still a smaller screen ... so figure $2300 or $2400 on the 15" with everything included.

If they sell the 15" model for $2400, then the 17" looks absurdly overpriced, so expect a significant price cut there ...
    perhaps down to $2800 (which would be a $400 price cut.)

All this assumes, of course, that the 15" is a G4.
  5. iJon macrumors 604

Feb 7, 2002
    it would make sense they would stay the same, dropping doesnt make sense and raising doesnt make sense. apple rarely lowers a price, and raises it again. only that happened i can remember was the flat panel imacs, they were raised due to high ram and lcd prices. from the looks of it monday will tell, if those french rumors are true.