How much will iOS 7 change throughout the beta?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by hello12, Jun 11, 2013.

1. macrumors regular

Sep 25, 2012
    I downloaded iOS 7 onto my phone and I am not even a developer, I just read how to in one of the threads here.
    Its pretty nice so far, and I am not unhappy that I did it.

BUT, I never got a version of iOS this early before, and I am wondering: How much could we expect this version to change before the fall? Will we possibly get features to turn the white backgrounds to grey or black? Or some other things to change?
  2. macrumors 603

Oct 14, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
  3. macrumors 6502

Apr 30, 2012
    Nobody knows.
  4. macrumors regular

Sep 30, 2012
  5. macrumors 601

Jul 14, 2010
    Phila, PA
    Well it'll definitely be a lot smoother. Icon changes might happen.
  6. thread starter macrumors regular

Sep 25, 2012
    I agree with this. It does definitely need to be made smoother/quicker in some parts.
  7. macrumors 6502

Oct 5, 2012
    what are the chances that icon designs will change by the time release comes?
    I know Yahoo's new weather app came out as a purple icon (sort of hideous) and they updated it shortly after hearing feedback on changing the icon design.

wonder if Apple will do the same.
  8. macrumors 68020

Dec 13, 2012
    Southern California
    If Apple is true to itself and it's history, any changes made between now and then will be very minor. Once they debut it at WWDC, that's what you're going to get. I wouldn't count on an changes of significance in terms of it's appearance. They've got a lot invested in this roll out.

People will adjust, after all it's Apple and there is no choice. Not many people will give up their iPhone over appearance. They might moan and complain, but they will suck it up and use it. They always do.

Apple is still the "cool kid on the block" and that's what sells their stuff.
  9. macrumors 603

Sep 4, 2011
    It'll likely be just bug fixes, minor tweaks, and battery fixes.