How much will the Tiger upgrade cost?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by Sundance Kid, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Sundance Kid macrumors regular

Sundance Kid

How much will the Tiger upgrade cost?

I'm going to be getting a pb really soon :cool: ... just wondered if I would be getting a free upgrade to tiger, because it is so new, or i would have to pay for it.

It would seem stupid for them to charge for the upgrade when i've just bought my computer like few months b4 it came out.

And is it worth getting? :confused:

2. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

If you bought a Powerbook with Panther and Tiger came out the next day, you will still have to pay for the upgrade.

I think the upgrade cost ~$129. But not not sure.

btw: You can't put the the BOLD tags in titles ;)

3. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

But didn't Apple provide an offer for something like 30 days so something for people who bought a new Mac. I thought I remembered something like this on Jaguar and or Panther when they came out.

4. mcgarry macrumors 6502a

mcgarry

the price should be lower than $129 with edu discount, if that applies to you, although I don't remember exactly how that works .... iLife, for example, is cheaper for edu.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Panther is $69 EDU vs. $129 retail, at least in the US. :D

6. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Good cause upgrading ilife, FCE, and tiger and maybe my HD is going to be quite a nice penny, oh and plus my ipod battery is dying (should have bought applecare) Should i upgrade to a photo, or replace the battery. That new 30 gig ipod photo is very tempting....

7. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

Not sure. I didn't have a Mac when Panther came out so I wasn't too familiar with Apple. But that would be cool if there was a 30 day policy. Sorta like when you get your car washed and it rains that same day, the car wash would offer a free car wash as long as you were within a certain amount of time.

8. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

It's if you buy a new Mac after the EXACT release date is announced, then you can get an upgrade disc for $19.95.

Otherwise, you'll have to pay $129 or the $69 edu price.

9. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

At the time of the release of Tiger, Apple will set the parameters for those that will qualify for a free upgrade when purchasing a new Mac. Those that qualify will pay $19.95, shipping and handling. Its usually only a matter of weeks. Those that purchase after the release and Panther is still installed also qualify.

The rest will pay $129, that has been the price of all the previous upgrades.