How much would you pay for a pair of jeans?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by amateurmacfreak, Apr 17, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Okay, this is a frivolous post, and I feel stupid posting it but... just wondering what everyone thinks. :cool:

Here, 100 MAX. Generally around the $30-50 range.

2. Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Historically, I'm a $30 Levi's man. But my fiancee took me out about a year ago to try get some real clothes. I almost puked as I tried on $80 jeans and almost bought some, but couldn't find the perfect fit/color combo. I finally settled on some $50 ones that were pretty good. I wouldn't pay more than that for everyday jeans, but would consider going up to $100 for a special pair.

3. macrumors 601

eva01

I don't wear Jeans so you couldn't pay me to wear them. I just wear scrubs and khakis if going out with GF

4. thread starter macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

The jeans I bought for $100 were a special case...... I really liked the jeans, and I already had a $50 gift certificate for the store.
    They were Lucky Brand Jeans, if anyone's wondering.... :cool:

5. Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Back in high school I routinely paid $100+ for jeans just because I wanted certain name brands (it had nothing to do with how they felt, because they didn't even feel that good). Now that I realized none of that mattered and I was being a superficial ass, I pay around $35. Plus now I have more money for what really matters--beer.

6. macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

i have a friend who will pay almost $180 sometimes more

while thats hella expensive, i'm not paying, and she looks hot in them:D ;) :rolleyes:

7. macrumors G3

$30 if my arm is being twisted, $15 usually.

I know where to find deals and it helps that I don't wear the ultra mega low rise jeans with diamond beading accents that are in such high demand that the company can charge $80 a pair for them.
    :D

8. macrumors 604

kretzy

I'll pay up to $130 (AU) though usually $90. Probably too much, but meh.

9. macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

For me, $40 - $50 is about the max. I shop at AE and Aeropostale, and I tend to make it in there during a decent sale. I paid $30 for the AE jeans I'm wearing now, and they are comfy and look great.

10. macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Anything for the right pair!

Unfortunately most of the designer brands at the moment seem to be pretty similar in design to those that can be found on the high street at a fraction of the cost :( I only have one pair of jeans that I truly love which are Versace and I've never managed to find anything else that compares :(

Still, even the ones I buy on the highstreet are ~£50 a pop. But we get ripped off something bad in this country.

11. macrumors 68030

Les Kern

I tend not to like jeans, and have but one pair. It's hard to find my size on a shelf anyway... 36x38. J. C. Penny Tall Man's online/catalogue for me. Khaki's mostly. Same with shoes... try to go to any store and get a pair of size 16 boots. IMPOSSIBLE.
    I agree with grapes911... and kudos for curing that superficial ass thingee.

12. thread starter macrumors 6502a

amateurmacfreak

Yeah, I only bought the $100 pair b/c they are amazingly comfy... and I like the way they look. I don't care about brand names/"cool" teenage clothing stores.... I actually don't want people to know I've kind of really started to like AE. :eek:
    I do love Lucky Brand Jeans though. Okay, okay, I admit it.

13. macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Ahh yes, everyone should accompany their spend with their jean size! :D I'm 32R (32 32) with a belt. I'm not sure if sizes mean the same both sides of the pond, though...

14. macrumors 6502

muffinman

I wear only volcom jeans. i dont know why I just do. They're about 50-70 dollars (USD) a pair.

but I don't pay for my clothes...:p

15. macrumors 65816

realityisterror

Jeans? psssh...

Cargos, maybe some not-dressy-khakis.
    And no more than $25 for pants $20 for shorts.

I'm hella cheap, and I practically own Old Navy.

reality

16. macrumors regular

I basically wear only american eagle jeans, which usually run from 25 bucks up to about 60. I'll usually only buy 'em if i can find them for less thatn 40, because i wear jeans everday, so they dont last me super long, and its not worth it to me to spend alot of money on them when i can get a good looking, nice pair for only 30 bucks.

17. macrumors 65816

macEfan

Forbidden, you do not have access to that server
    25-35 for everyday jeans.. They go on sale a lot at target anyway...

18. macrumors G3

Heck yeah! I got the ones I'm wearing for about $15 on sale. Ohhh yeah.

19. macrumors 68000

Leareth

Try LandsEnd.com my partner is 6'8" and 140lbs... thats 29 waist, 38 inseam
    these guys can do it custom and it is pretty affordable.
    and Old Navy does carry 36x38 standard for their mens pants...same with 32x36 which is what I usually get him...

The most I have ever spent on a pair of jeans was $350 CDN for a pair of Versace White Jeans, you know what 5 years later and they still fit and look great. usually I spend $70-100 for a great fitting pair.

20. macrumors 6502a

interlaced

i buy gap jeans. on clearance. lol. with my gap inc. disc, i pay like $13.99. LOL. oh man, but they're seriously my most favorite jeans.

21. macrumors Core

no more than 30 for me. and i usually wear Gap. or Target.

22. macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

Usually between $30 and $50, but I'd probably pay more if I liked them enough.

23. Moderator emeritus

devilot

Anywhere from $6- $90 is how much I've paid.

I can't afford to really spend more than $50 typically ('cause I'm broke) but especially even if I'm working and have income because... I love jeans! I love having tons of pairs of jeans, and so I can't afford to buy such pricey pairs.

I have yet to try on the real high end stuff though... Er. I can't even remember all their names. Ya know, those brands that fashion magazines always spot celebrities wearing?! I think "se7en" might be one... :eek: Can't remember.

24. macrumors 6502

Well the most i have ever spent on jeans was about 30 ish dollars. I was shell shocked when I saw a pair going for 320 bucks. But to be honest with you, those jeans felt really nice.

25. macrumors regular

I've paid up to $210 but usually $80 - $90 from banana republic........... and none since the baby came.