Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iostream.h

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
Albuquerque, NM
Here is the app so far:

picture21sh.png

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
It would depend on how easy it is to use. If the whole thing were automatic (e.g. I run it once and my entire library has the correct album covers), I might pay $10 or 15 for it. If I had to do some of the work (e.g. copy and paste the pictures into the "get info" windows), then zero.

iostream.h

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2004
Albuquerque, NM
wordmunger said:
It would depend on how easy it is to use. If the whole thing were automatic (e.g. I run it once and my entire library has the correct album covers), I might pay $10 or 15 for it. If I had to do some of the work (e.g. copy and paste the pictures into the "get info" windows), then zero.

Yup, everything besides pressing the Apply covers would be automatic.

cube

Suspended
May 10, 2004
You need to be able to accept covers on an individual basis, like Export Artwork

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
nothing because almost all of my music is tagged with art and when I get a new album it takes me 30 seconds to find it on Amazon and copy the artwork

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
yg17 said:
nothing because almost all of my music is tagged with art and when I get a new album it takes me 30 seconds to find it on Amazon and copy the artwork
Clutter will do it for you in 2 seconds. And it can tag all the songs in an album in about 5.

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
$2, maybe $5. No offense, it's a cool app, but it's a time-saver rather than a serious app.

Make it cheap and you may get more sales anway.

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
Give the guy some credit, extracting anything from the iTMS is tricky business.

The iTMS covers are much, much better quality that Amazons. The only place that I've found with relatively descent covers is buy.com - but I still prefer Apples. If you look through the threads I've started I tried to do this a long time ago but only managed to extract a couple of hundred before Apple changed the method of delivery.

I think it's a good app. I'd pay $15-20 easily.

AppleMatt

manicpanic

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2005
I would also pay $15-20. Now that Apple has released Front Row small bad quality images just don't cut it any more. Front Row displays the album covers so large that the crap people find all over the internet so easily, looks like crap. There are scripts that let a person retrieve album covers one buy one from iTMS but there is no way I trying that with my library, I would spend months doing it that way. So not am I just willing to fork over cash, you'll have my gratitude.

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
If the app could scale iTMS artwork to square dimensions, say 600x600 or crop it square, and the ability to save and preview various JPEG compression settings, I may plunk down $20 for such a program that can do it automatically.

Right now, iTMS artwork quality is all over the place, and most of the newer album artwork, the files come in 300+ KB per image. :eek:

I use Clutter and CoverFlow to handle most of that task right now.

Here's to the Crazy Ones

starnox

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2005
There is a php script that does this, they released to source so you just have to find it in itunes then paste the code over. So in that sense I wouldn't pay anything for it when I can do it for free. Sure it mights save me some time, but nothing beats £0.

m-dogg

macrumors 65816
Mar 15, 2004
Connecticut
Your screen shot does look nice. I might be willing to drop $5-10. Though I don't know for sure if I'd use it.

I mainly use Clutter today becasue I like how it doesn't store the image in the song files themselves. It uses a separate database instead, using one image for the entire album. When you store them in iTunes, all those image files add up in a large music library...I have 40GB of tunes and only a 30GB iPod, so I try not to add any extra size to each individual song file...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.