1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

How much would you pay for an iPad case?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by agkm800, Jan 26, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502a

agkm800

$30?

$50?

$100?

2. macrumors regular

lee.anderson

By the sounds of it, the tablets going to be pretty big so a good case is going to cost quite a bit.

Around £30 ($50) if I actually do buy the tablet.

3. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

My Incase neoprene sleeve for my MBP cost $40, so I would say something like that for a 10" tablet should be around $30.

4. macrumors member

As much as Twelve South charges.

5. macrumors 603

marksman

Depends if my grandma can knit me one before she dies.

6. macrumors 604

zap2

Tablet fever is running at an all time high!

7. macrumors 6502

Seems to me that it would have to come with something in the box. It's gonna take like 1 day before someone is posting pictures of their 10" busted glass screen without some sort of cover of sleeve!

8. macrumors 68000

Basic rubber type case $30 to 40 bucks. Show me a slider type or more of a hardcase or leather case with a possible "kickstand" for watching video. I'd pay in the 50 to 100 range depending on the build quality of the case.

I paid $70 for the Incase Slider w/battery for my iPhone and while it's a bit bulky for my taste is great case that does it's job well. The cases that prove to add functionality such as battery capacity, stand or whatever will likely bring a higher price than the basic cases just like the ones for the iPhone.

9. macrumors regular

I'd pay 50 dollars for a nice standard leather case, like the leather Amazon Kindle case. What I really want would be an orange leather Hermes case with a chrome H logo on it, which would probably cost around $1,000 USD. Too bad they will most likely never make one.