how much would you say this mac is worth?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Ecodisk, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Ecodisk macrumors member

Ecodisk

How much money do you think I would be able to get out of a Powermac Blue and White 300mhz cpu, 512mb of ram, 30gb hard drive, dvd-rom drive, with osx 10.3?

2. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

i think its worth 100 bucks tops. its may have 512 ram but that ram has a slow bus and 30 gigs is nothing. its a good computer for a granny on a budget. im sure tho that you could squeeze out a lil bit more than 100 as macs tend to have spiffy resale value

3. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

I'm no expert in these things but the ebay listings don't show much either. Even though your system has some nice upgrades I doubt that you get much more than a hundred bucks for it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ha that's some funny stuff!:D

4. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816

SmurfBoxMasta

What condition is the outside of the case in...... any scratches/cracks ect?
    Please post some good, close-up/detailed pics, either here or at imageshack.com....

I know someone who might be interested :)

5. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

Right now, a better PowerMac is for sale on eBay UK with a current bid of £19.50, with four hours to go. Starting with the QuickSilver models or older dual G4s they are worth real money (£200 plus), but nobody wants a 300 or 350 MHz model.

6. TheMasin9 macrumors 6502a

TheMasin9

id say about a 100

im gonna have to agree about a hundred bux. Im gonna be grabbin a handful of those in the near future.