Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HecubusPro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Los Angeles
estee065 said:
Oh man, you just made me spit out my beer. Too funny.

:eek:
NO! Don't waste precious beer! :)

generik said:
To be exploited by a stupid man is even.. stupider.. if there is such a word.

from dictionary.com... :)
stu‧pid  /ˈstupɪd, ˈstyu‑/ Show IPA Pronunciation adjective, -er, -est,
1. lacking ordinary quickness and keenness of mind; dull.
2. characterized by or proceeding from mental dullness; foolish; senseless

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
Just some attention seeking rich f***

I really hopes he goes to jail for this, then he can get all the attention he wants. Or rather his ******* really... :rolleyes:

HecubusPro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Los Angeles
generik said:
Just some attention seeking rich f***

I really hopes he goes to jail for this, then he can get all the attention he wants. Or rather his ******* really... :rolleyes:

It's nice to see someone speak so frankly. I feel like have to be very careful around the kiddies. :D I agree 100% btw.

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
HecubusPro said:
It's nice to see someone speak so frankly. I feel like have to be very careful around the kiddies. :D I agree 100% btw.

If you follow the thread on digg there is even a video of him throwing computers out of a house Windows and smashing them onto the ground below. I mean... is that warranted? What the heck was that for? He could have donated them to charity or even sold it on eBay for a couple dollars instead of destroying them.

I really think this fella needs to have his arse handed up to him to learn some lessons in life. Oh well.. :mad:

azzurri000

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2005
I love how the diggers spotted the fraud so quickly... I can barely believe he sent his story in to Gizmodo; that guy is something else to think he'd outsmart an entire online community of geeks. For God sakes, this is our home turf!

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
breakfastcrew said:
Who wants to join my revoluton to overthrow the rich and rotten?

*raises hands*

I'm sick of those stupid fair smooth palmed punks amongst the likes of those we see in TV series such as "OC" and "Veronica Mars"!

Obsidian6

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2006
Laguna Niguel, CA
dumb@$$es like that deserve to get beat with the long arm of the law.

the all-mighty judicial hammer of the apple-gods shall spare no mercy for this one. ;)

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
You guys really should watch the video, his intent is so obvious.

"Apple... please upgrade me to an Apple Macbook Pro..."

What the f*** is he smoking, even if his MB has issues at best he should be happy to get that fixed up. Some people just have this bizzare* sense of entitlement.

*Trait of a sociopath!

Reno404

macrumors member
May 19, 2006
Brussels, Yurop
ehurtley said:
Isn't it amazing what fifteen minutes on Google can turn up?

Both amazing and kinda scary but hey... I wish this kid much evil in his life. Damn man. I like Vanquishes. It breaks my heart to hear that one's driven by such a douche.

Well, this guy's a new argument to take into consideration in that whole euthanasy debate.

Allotriophagy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 5, 2006
Reno404 said:
Both amazing and kinda scary but hey... I wish this kid much evil in his life. Damn man. I like Vanquishes. It breaks my heart to hear that one's driven by such a douche.

Well, this guy's a new argument to take into consideration in that whole euthanasy debate.

Sheesh. So he tried to scam a billion dollar corporation out of a new laptop in an incredibly moronic manner - hardly constitutes a crime against humanity. Definitely doesn't merit your ridiculous over-reaction.

Calm down.

Reno404

macrumors member
May 19, 2006
Brussels, Yurop
I'm not defending Apple here, i couldn't care less. I think it's disgusting that spoiled kids like that destroy something just to have something better, while 90% of all other mac users have to save up money to be able to afford one.
It's like those ******* "rock stars" who trash their 2000 dollar Fender guitars just to look cool while kids work summer jobs for months to save up.
This kid needs to go live in a 3rd world country for 12 months. :mad:

matttrick

macrumors 6502
Aug 28, 2006
hes probably one of those people who buys accidental damage on everything he owns and then just breaks it the day before to get a new one. what a tool.

Chris Bangle

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2006
UK
Reno404 said:
I'm not defending Apple here, i couldn't care less. I think it's disgusting that spoiled kids like that destroy something just to have something better, while 90% of all other mac users have to save up money to be able to afford one.
It's like those ******* "rock stars" who trash their 2000 dollar Fender guitars just to look cool while kids work summer jobs for months to save up.
This kid needs to go live in a 3rd world country for 12 months. :mad:

You very sensible person. I agree with you

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
Did he say that this video was "proofing you that my laptop is not working properly?"

What an idiot.

"My bluetooth doesn't work, even though it's working now."

I love how he could've just done three stupid things, probably on accident, and iChat would act like that or the people could simply not exist. Therefore, they're all read as offline. And why the hell would the battery damage where the pictures are damaged? Maybe his Macbook is different than mine, but my battery is way on the other side, basically on the other edge.

Idiot.

HecubusPro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Los Angeles
Allotriophagy said:
Sheesh. So he tried to scam a billion dollar corporation out of a new laptop in an incredibly moronic manner - hardly constitutes a crime against humanity. Definitely doesn't merit your ridiculous over-reaction.

Calm down.

I think people are just having fun here. No need to over-react to someone else's over-reaction.

Calm down. ;)

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
schaef2493 said:
That video link doesn't appear to be working. :(

it's not that exciting, basically the kid puts the camera on a table and you can't see anything as he counts off numbers and claims his laptop is at 175 degrees fahrenheit. Then he picks up the camera and he's got the macbook hooked up to some odd video projection thing, I think he's maybe recording into the macbook?

eh either way he shows the screen and it's hard to see anything and he goes on about how iChat doesn't launch...and then it launches.

Throughout the whole thing he speaks in horribly broken english about how his macbook doesn't work and he's proving it to apple.

Basically it looked to me like he was counting off random numbers, and then complaining about iChat's launch time WHILE recording video into his macbook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.