How often do you eat fast food?

Discussion in 'Community' started by EJBasile, Aug 15, 2005.

1. EJBasile macrumors 65816

EJBasile

I was driving home from work and I was like "i don't want to cook or go somewhere that will take a long time". So I went to McDonalds and I feel so sick. All I had was 6 chicken nougets and a small thing of fries.

How often do you eat fast food?

Edit: Forgot to say, the last time I had fast food must have been 3-4 months ago.

2. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

Very rarely. Maybe 5 or more years ago I had Burger King and it just felt like I had a lump in my stomach for the rest of the night.

If I want something quick, I'll get Chinese or Pizza. Or if I'm home and I don't want to cook, I'll just have cereal.

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Too often. Realistically though, maybe two or three times a week. Wait... does pizza count?

4. EJBasile thread starter macrumors 65816

EJBasile

I know a good cardiactric surgeon- let me know if you need his number.

No. (well maybe Dominos- that pizza is discusting)
    Subway and Dunkin' Donuts like resturants don't count either.

Fast food like McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, Wendy's, Taco Bell, etc

5. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Never. All the trans-fat, heavily-processed meat and refined sugar will cause diabetes and cancer.

6. MacHarne macrumors 6502

Haven't been to a fast food restaurant in many, many moons. I read "Fast Food Nation" within the year and saw "Super Size Me" a few weeks ago; those only further supplanted my anti-conglomerate food feelings. All organic, free-range, no-additives, natural stuff for me. Even if it means I'm not getting all of the recommended vitamin doses.

7. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

I tried to go all natural but I just couldn't afford it. I do try to buy natural/organic when I can. I buy my kids organic milk and yogurt and all natural hotdogs. But with most things I have to just go with what I can afford.

8. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

You'd be considered a heavy user according to McDonalds. Nutritionists recommend 1-2 fast food servings a month, or none at all.

9. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Speaking of which, have you decided on an avatar?

10. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Too often...3 or more times a week. All I can do is Wendy's, but that's not saying much. We try to do Subway for a somewhat healthy attempt at eating out.

11. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

a lot. i'm a disgusting individual who craves this junk, and i'm perpetually lazy.
    well, i eat it a lot less now but i still go for it at least once a week :p
    long live the "steak" chalupa of toxic hell, errr... taco bell. :D

mmmmmmmm! </end homer simpson voice>

12. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

Well you took quite a while to pick out an avatar IIRC, so I may take my time too..... although I've had more time to think about it since I didn't join last week ;)

13. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

Haven't had fast food since December of '01. Does Jimmy John's count?

I've said it once and I'll say it again. If my streak ever collapses, I'm heading right to Bell and I'll drop $20 on a mix n match sack and eat myself sick.

14. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Whenever my Dad is doing something and can't cook. So maybe once a week or so...

15. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

16. EJBasile thread starter macrumors 65816

EJBasile

Some of you people should strongly consider choosing a more healthy diet.

I am seriously feeling NASTY. My body cannot handle the grease and fat and sodium and all the chemicals injected into the food there. I won't go into any more detail.

17. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I don't get McDonald's. Examples of the fast food I hit up: I'll go to Chipotle, a plain baked potato from Wendy's, and depending on the rest of the people in my household, we might order a pizza one day. I go to Carl's Jr. maybe once a month (western bacon cheeseburger, mmm). Maybe about once a month I'll go to In-n-Out. Does Le boulanger and Togo's count?

I don't know... I don't consistently get fast food EVERY week. I do eat out everyday though, but that would be pho (Vietnamese noodles) or le boulanger. Mm.

18. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Umm... Once every... two or three months, maybe. And only when I'm with friends, and they all wanted McD's or something. Never on my own initiative.

(No, I don't think Wendy's DELICIOUS Chicken B.L.T. salad counts... Hmmmm delicious!)

19. Nanda Devi macrumors regular

Haven't had any fast food in close to 5 years. I'm pretty sure if I were to eat it now it would probably make me violently ill...

I do eat Subway once in a while (usually on road trips). I suppose you could consider that fast food, but I think the presence of a deep fryer is the main thing that singles a joint out as "true" fast food... although I guess Bell doesn't have a deep fryer, and they're definitely FF (and a place I'll not set foot in again).

20. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

what a buncha prisses... i understand on principle but my goodness, listen to yourselves. are you serious?
    i wonder how many people here have actually almost starved and would still rather turn down a friggin BigMac :rolleyes:
    go get lost in a forest (blair witch style) and you'll be praying for a mcdonalds ;)
    just my $.02

21. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

haha always good for a smile, that you are, iBlue. :D

22. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

i aim to please.
    (i was expecting a nice saturated fat filled flame for that too, i was ever pleased to see your reply ;))

23. EJBasile thread starter macrumors 65816

EJBasile

I would rather skip a meal than eat at McDonalds. The last time I ate there was seriously 3-4 monthes ago.

24. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

The healthiest fast food thing (i think) is:

Carl's Jr. Charbroiled BBQ Chicken Sandwich

6g fat, 40g protein, yeaaa, i eat 2.

25. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

It's not principle that keeps me away, its the way the food sits in my stomach and makes me feel like I'm gonna throw up.

Come to think of it, I never felt like that as a teenager eating fast food. Maybe I'm just getting old.