How often do you sync your iPod?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by someone28624, Oct 1, 2008.

?

About how often do you sync your iPod on average?

1. Once a day (or more- eek!)

36.7%
  2. Every few days

40.0%
  3. Once a week

6.7%
  4. Once every other week

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 2-4 weeks

6.7%
  6. Less often than every month

10.0%
  1. macrumors 6502a

Kinda curious to see the variety of responses.

2. macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Once a day (on weekdays for podcasts) and every other weekend or so.

3. macrumors 68020

northy124

Once every 2 months.

4. Moderator emeritus

sushi

Everyday for Podcasts.

5. macrumors 68020

brn2ski00

I usually sync after I download any new content because my main iPod just sits on a Bose Sounddock.

6. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

1-3 times a day. Sometimes just to correct a spelling mistake in a song name. Basically I sync after every single change to my iTunes library, no matter how small.

7. macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Whenever I'm just sitting there, any my iPod is within reach. Or if I wanna add something to it. It averages out around once a week, but I've gone for almost a month before too... but then some days I sync it like 5 times, so I guess it averages out :rolleyes:

8. macrumors 68040

tobefirst

My iPod permanently resides in my car, so it only gets removed every month or so. Speaking of which, now is about that time...

9. macrumors regular

My iPod is also pretty much for car use. A 4-gig 2G Nano that has a selection of songs that I like to listen to in the car - I sync it every time I feel like updating or changing that selection of songs, or to charge the battery.

10. macrumors 65816

Mr Kram

my kids use the touches daily so they need to be charged often. i charged them from the computer so it automatically syncs at that time. is this a bad thing? should i only sync manually when i actually make a change to the library? the nano sits in the car so i sync it every now and then when i want to change a playlist.

11. macrumors 603

wordmunger

I pretty much only use my iPod for podcasts while running alone. This happens about 2-3 times a week (the rest of the time I play soccer or run with a partner), so I only need to sync every few days.

12. macrumors 65816

Fuzzy14

Daily.
    My iPod is driven by my old G3 iMac which gets switched on when I come home from work every day to pick up e-mails and update podcasts. I still use my iMac as the main charger of my iPod, and generally have to charge it ever day anyway.

13. thread starter macrumors 6502a

As far as I know, there's nothing wrong with frequent syncs or leaving it connected to a computer for long periods. I was just curious.

14. macrumors 603

iSaint

Less than once a month. I keep it in my car, plugged in to the Pioneer CD player, where it charges. I only sync when I get new music, or there's a software update. Speaking of which - I hope Apple puts the Genius feature on my 80g Classic!