How often does Apple release new macbooks?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nov11, Oct 28, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

Dumb question but i was wondering how often apple releases the next generation of macbooks with faster processors. is it about twice a year?

tks

2. macrumors 65816

Unorthodox

They've only released the MacBook once. Ever.

3. macrumors newbie

Goto the Macbook Buyer's guide in the "Guides" wiki... you can compare it against the ibook update cycles.. not that it helps much =P

4. macrumors 601

brand

5. macrumors newbie

6. Guest

Yes, based on past experience it is roughly every six months for the laptops and iMacs (and often the Mac Mini) ... depending on what advances are made by Intel, NVidia, etc. that Apple thinks are worth using. Usually the cycle is that you get a new spec release, followed by a speed bump release, followed by new spec release, etc.

iPhones and iPods are on a roughly annual release schedule. The Mac Pro, MacBook Air, Apple TV, Airport, Time Capsule, Cinema Displays, etc. are on more irregular schedules.

BUT Apple has moved away from the big shows and more predictable release schedules recently. :( The rumour is of course that new laptops, probably only MacBook Pros, will be released next week along with the new tablet (and new MacBook Air, new iPod Touches and new iPhones, and new ...), but we'll have to wait and see.

7. macrumors 6502a

Habitus

Apple has made quite a few revisions to the MacBook line. However, given the latest makeover, I doubt a revision is coming in the near future.

Habitus :apple: