All iPads How old is your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by moonman239, Mar 7, 2013.

1. macrumors 65816

I know a guy who rocks a first-generation iPad. It seems to be working fine to me. I imagine the battery capacity decreased slightly, because after a few hundred charge cycles, the battery capacity drops by 20%, according to Apple.

2. macrumors 68000

TyPod

Got my iPad Mini for Christmas. Still has a very, very long life left :D

3. macrumors 6502

I just got mine last month.

4. macrumors 65816

Tankmaze

2 years. will be waiting for the 5.

5. macrumors 6502

imlovinit

Have an ipad 3 got it for my birthday last year so its only about 6 months old. Hope to have mine at least 2-3 years.

6. macrumors 65816

shyam09

got an ipad 3 around mayish last year.. can't believe it's almost a year and an iPad 5 will be released soon (according to rumors)

7. macrumors 6502

Still have my launch week original iPad in good condition. New iOS versions have significantly slowed it down, but its what is to be expected.

8. macrumors regular

I have had every iPad released on there launch. I keep them for a year then sell on the next iPad announcement. I bought the iPad 3 on launch than got my iPad 4 in febuary so not on launch bit very close. I will be buying the iPad 5 on launch also.

9. macrumors 68020

AppleFanatic10

I have the 1st gen AT&T 3G iPad. Been using it since Dec 2010. Works perfectly fine. I want a mini though as I don't use AT&T 3G, 2GB just isn't enough.

10. Guest

whenever ipad mini with retina comes out I"ll upgrade my iPad 1.

It still works great but I want to be more productive with it so I need a faster device.

11. pk7
    macrumors 6502

4 months now almost to the day.

12. macrumors 68040

Badrottie

I got 7 months old iPad 2 and the battery is GREAT! :apple:

13. macrumors member

I still use a 1st generation iPad which is almost 3 years old now. I can't really feel any battery decrease, but that is just my personal perception. It still works very well for reading, watching videos and light browsing the web.
    It is pretty slow sometimes and apps close on their own. Browsing the web with more than one tab is annoying, because it has to reload the inactive tabs over and over again. Also with bigger PDF files it seems to crash a lot.
    But it still serves me well enough at the moment. Maybe the iPad 5 wil convince me to buy a new one.

14. macrumors regular

I'm still rocking the first gen iPad. Think it must be around November 2010 I got it?

I don't really use it all that often apart from Spotify when I have friends round and then movies if I'm travelling. It's really slow for anything else. I don't feel the need to browse the web on it, more than happy using my iPhone for that.

15. macrumors regular

arefbe

4th. Gen. iPad, now 4 months old. Couldn't be happier!

16. macrumors member

Happy birthday....

Ipad 3 one year yesterday :D

17. macrumors regular

nebrot

iPad mini since early February, am very happy for now. Upgrade only if the next gen. does not get heavier & thicker and gives value. (which is screen & processor)

18. macrumors G3

I have a launch day iPad 2 that still gives around 10 hours of regular usage.

19. macrumors demi-god

ChristianJapan

Next week my iPad 3 will be one year with me ... Delivered March 15th 2012. Still impressed with the display.

20. macrumors regular

Just get an iPad mini duing the Christmas holiday. Really like its design and performance. AND I believe the device will have a long life, at least two years. :)

----------

I am one who are waiting for the iPad 5 too. So does the iPad mini 2. :p
    I will pick one from them as a gift for my girlfriend. She likes device in thinner design, but also hope it can come with Retina display.
    Hope the iPad Mini 2 will features a Retina display.

21. macrumors regular

I have an iPad 2 I got on launch day. My wife uses it, and it works great. the battery lasts a little less, but not by much. She drains the battery most days with how much it is used.

Then I had a iPad 3 I bought on launch day. Just sold it last week, and it was working perfectly. The battery had no problems at all. I'm just waiting for the mini to show up on the referb store, or hopefully an announcement for a new iPad5!

22. macrumors regular

iPad 2 at launch, havent really had a reason to upgrade it yet. It works great and is just as fast and smooth as the day we got. Maybe in the next couple cycles we will upgrade from it, and hand this one down to someone.

23. macrumors 601

After the next retina ipad mini I'm not going to update for another few years

But I say that every time

24. macrumors 6502a

I have an iPad 2 3G 64GB that is 18 months old. It has a few deep scratches, a couple of dented corners, the microphone doesn't work and the wifi reception is weak. Still, it is the best device I've ever owned.

25. TG1
    macrumors 6502a

TG1

Have a one year old iPad 3. I'm not looking to upgrade any time soon unless there's some killer new features that won't be supported on the 3.