how rove is going to hurt the bush re-election campaign

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by zimv20, Sep 30, 2003.

1. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

from this yahoo story

imo, rove is a rather unsavory character. he now has the media's attention, and i don't think they're going to be kind. it may be payback for feeling muzzled since 9/11, if not before.

once the american public gets a taste for rove, i believe he will become a political liability. people are sick of weasley politics, and rove is among the weasliest.

e.g. here's a molly ivins piece, about rove, which she wrote in 2000:
    http://www.texasobserver.org/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=819

2. SPG macrumors 65816

SPG

What do you think the chances are of Rove being arrested for the outing of Valerie Plame as an undercover CIA operative?
    All the fingers are pointing at him as of this evening, and unless Ashcroft can squash this whole thing someone will be going down...going down hard.

3. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

What I fear is that focusing on Rove is Bush's intention. He probably wants everyone to focus on Rove so that he can be the scapegoat.

I don't want everyone to focus just on him, I want the investigation to go wherever it needs to go, not where it is mose politically convenient for Jr.

4. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

in chess, it's typical i'll take the queen before getting the king.

5. toontra macrumors 6502

To continue the chess analogy, it's common to sacrifice a piece in order to gain a strategic advantage. I think that's what mcrain is suggesting may happen here.

In the UK it looks likely that Blair will sacrifice Geoff Hoon (defense minister) in order to save his own skin.

6. zimv20 thread starter macrumors 601

zimv20

i'll admit, i usually lose at chess :)

7. toontra macrumors 6502

So do I, unless I'm playing my kid (and I'm not sure how long that will last!) :)

8. patrick0brien macrumors 68040

patrick0brien

-Gents

In politics, it's always adviseable to have someone to blame for your mistakes - even better if you do it through obfuscation so the press thinks they found the culprit.

Bush is one of the best I've ever seen at this.