How should Apple advertise to disuade people from Vista

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Bobdude161, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Bobdude161 macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

I believe in their next ad, they should include some hard hitting facts like:

Sure it looks pretty, but Vista is a resource hog. Mac OS X is not. Macs 5 years (even older) can still run X at a great speed.

Why choose from several different types of Vista when Mac OS X offers all aspects of life in just one packcage.

While Vista has acquired some security improvements, Mac OS X still is the leader in user security :)rolleyes: ).

Why not use that upgrading money your were gonna use on your PC to run Vista and buy a Mac?

And all the other great stuff like iLife, Boot Camp, yadda yadda.

Buy a Mac and get a big head for free!! Nothing like being full of yourself when you show off yer MacBook to yer freinds!!! Pwned! :cool: :cool:

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

No amount of advertising is going to persuade the vast majority from Vista.

For most people, the OS comes with the new computer that they'll buy next year or the year after... most people I know couldn't care less what their OS is as long as it runs the software they want and I would wager that the vast majority never upgrade the OS either.

What Apple needs to do is highlight the strengths of its own products in an appealing and non-geeky way that emphasises image. Much like they do with the iPod... no amount of footage showing people connecting it up or using the clickwheel is going persuade people that this is a desirable object.

Besides, never mention the competition.

3. Bobdude161 thread starter macrumors 65816

Bobdude161

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

They should look at Vista, and start showing off all the features it copied from Tiger now, so when people see Vista out, they will think "Hey Apple already had that for some time, perhaps Apple is ahead of the game"