How soon will Amazon get the iPad Mini?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by adamvk, Oct 24, 2012.

1. macrumors 65816

adamvk

I'm considering trading in my iPad 3 for an iPad Mini with Amazon's trade in service. When would Amazon start selling iPad Minis do you think? Obviously I won't get one on launch day, but is a week after that feasible do you think? Thanks!

2. thread starter macrumors 65816

adamvk

According to Amazon, they got the iPad 3 on March 7, which was the launch date. So I think I'm gonna do it.

3. macrumors 65816

pagansoul

No, they don't get them on launch day. They always put the info up early but don't have the actual product. What they do sell is accessories. You may find a cheap case from China for a very low price :) .

4. macrumors newbie

billy98111

I can't believe how some retail stores get away with selling some cases for 20x the price you can get it for on Amazon. I guess it's all in the name brand.

5. macrumors newbie

6. macrumors member

I'm still waiting for an answer to this very question. I found this thread googling for an answer. I want to save tax plus maybe a few $ in price. But alas, they have yet to have any in stock. Only insane price gouging independent sellers.

7. macrumors 68030

Spink10

Amazon itself will not sell the iPad Mini - you can purchase from 3rd party sellers.

8. macrumors member

Why not? They sell every other iPad model, why not the mini?

9. macrumors 6502

Could you please point me to an iPad4 on Amazon? I don't see Amazon selling any. Just resellers at MSRP+

10. macrumors member

So why is amazon not selling either of the new ipads? Plenty of other 3rd parties are selling them. Is it just a stock issue? Low supplies still due to high holiday demand?

11. macrumors 68030

Spink10

They want you to buy a Fire Kindle HD.

12. macrumors member

So they're suddenly no longer going to sell iPads? Of any kind? After selling them for years? That sound illogical and pretty unlikely for a company like Amazon.

13. macrumors 68030

Spink10

Amazon has never sold them - only from vendors on Amazon.

14. macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

Yes. Also, from my observations, the 3rd party vendors usually list iPads higher than retail.