How strong are your beliefs

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stubeeef, Mar 21, 2006.

1. macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Here is the ultimate example. While there is the example of the young of Racheal Joy Scott, truly the ultimate example, this one is "up there".

and more....

2. macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Islam is a tolerant religion isnt it? As long as you stay Islamic it is. This is the root of the problem in this part of the world. Brainwashing by another stupid religion.

3. macrumors 6502

DerChef

It says clearly in the Qu ran, quoted directly from the prophet anybody who changes his religion "Kill Him" (I will try to find the exact quote)

It just a more extreme example of similar to those those who believe the earth was created in 6 days

4. thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I had posted this a bit back and lee picked it up in a closed thread.

I'm bumping it, but everyone play nice!

5. macrumors G4

skunk

It says clearly in the Old Testament that God commanded the Israelites to slaughter every man, woman and child in the Promised Land.

6. macrumors 6502a

maxterpiece

There is plenty of stuff like that in many religion that is no longer followed or no longer "interpreted literally". The reason those kind of laws are enforced in places like Afghanistan is because it takes time for a society to move forward. It takes time and STABILITY. Somethign that hasn't existed in Afghanistan in recent history.... When there are resources and there is order, minorities fight for rights and things change. Nothing changes overnight - even with the almighty US there to guide the Afghans in the right direction. I'll leave it at that.

7. macrumors 603

solvs

Mohammad was a Christian.

8. thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Satan fell from God's grace too!:p ;)

9. macrumors 603

solvs

And Jesus was a Jew.

10. macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    So was the Doctor of Hitler's Mother...

11. macrumors 68020

Fred Phelps is a Christian.

:rolleyes:

12. thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Friedrich Nietzche died insane.

He was also plagued throughout life with attacks of dizziness, headaches, and numerous physical ailments.

13. macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Do you have the verse? I'd like to read it.

14. macrumors G4

skunk

You must kill those who worship another god. Exodus 22:20
    Kill any friends or family that worship a god that is different than your own. Deuteronomy 13:6-10
    Kill all the inhabitants of any city where you find people that worship differently than you. Deuteronomy 13:12-16
    Kill everyone who has religious views that are different than your own. Deuteronomy 17:2-7
    Kill anyone who refuses to listen to a priest. Deuteronomy 17:12-13
    Kill any false prophets. Deuteronomy 18:20
    Numbers 31:17-18 God commands Moses to kill all the Medianite people including children and women. To top it off he commands that the virgins be saved for later raping by Moses’ soldiers.
    Deuteronomy 3:3-7 God ordered Moses’ army to “utterly destroy” 60 cities, killing all the women and children within!
    Deuteronomy 7:12 God ordered the Israelites to kill all the people of seven nations. He even adds, “show no mercy unto them”.
    Deuteronomy 20:16 God orders the Israelites to kill everything that breathes in the cities that he gives them for an inheritance

Will that do for starters?

15. macrumors G4

16. macrumors G4

skunk

How's this for a pithy rebuttal?

Neat, huh? I bet whoever wrote this twaddle thinks god whispers the answers in his ear. Sounds like the Doctrine of Pre-Emption™ to me.
    http://www.westpalmbeachchurchofchrist.com/common_questions/questions.asp?ID=2

17. macrumors 68040

Kingsly

18. macrumors newbie

I wish the DNA researchers would find the "power gene"--that gene that causes people to want to boss other folks around. And the "cruelty gene" while they're at it.

Test everybody. When you find those particular genes, exercise retroactive birth control...

:), 'Rat

19. macrumors 601

xsedrinam

"An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth". I like Tevye's outlook and response to that. "Great, then the whole world would be blind and toothless." from Fiddler on the Roof

20. macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Good quote!

21. macrumors 603

solvs

So was Hitler, I've heard. Though maybe it doesn't count when it's on your Dad's side. I don't know what his Mom was, though I can't really say I care.

22. macrumors 68000

Lyle

In an almost certainly futile attempt to bring this thread back around to the original topic:
    Link

My bet's on Disney World.

23. thread starter macrumors 68030

stubeeef

I am very worried, the general populace will probably do what the government could not, and execute a man based on his religious beliefs.

How can their people/culture be assimilated into the world culture? and please, save me the US is the problem with this one too. The Taliban was wacking heads off and dragging women to their death in stadiums prior to the invasion. All countries alienate some or most now and then, this just seems particularly egregious.

24. macrumors G5

leekohler

On this, we agree wholeheartedly. If you want to be a part of the world, act like it.

25. macrumors 603

solvs

I don't think anyone's saying that. This is all Taliban wackiness. I'll bet some people would be upset if you go from Christian to Islam here, but I doubt you'd get your head cut off. I'd hope.