How Sweet Would A Black MBP Be?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by freestyleguy128, Aug 3, 2006.

1. freestyleguy128 macrumors regular

Imagine a balck mbp with a glossy, scratch resistant finish on the inside and a black anodized aluminum case. That would be so sexy...especially in a 13.3 inch form...I can't wait until WWDC. Post your mockups and other wwdc predictions/ desires here.

2. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

Who needs to imagine?

http://www.colorwarepc.com/products/select_MacBookPro.aspx

3. thechris69 macrumors 6502

thechris69

those are nice, but the price tag is over 400 dollars more then the regular imac, for just a new colour, that product does not have me sold:eek:

4. Guitar geek macrumors newbie

I would definately love to see a black macbook pro with anodized aluminum case. Not so sure if I'd want a glossy case since I think it makes it look less professional. Other than that, it would be damn sexy. Especially with the backlit keyboard.

5. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

black and 12" or less for the people that are only going to use it for internet browsing or word processing.

6. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

I'd love one! Been saying that for a while tho, but I just got laughed at...

Honestly I would hate for it to be like the Black MB... I dont like the way that looks, So if that is the "anodized aluminum" I'd be sad...

7. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

A black MBP would certainly be a fully qualified backup Hibachi ;)

I definitely prefer silver.

8. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

How about some gun metal!!. Like that really dark silver where in one light you are like its black in another its Silver!!!

Thats what I'm talking about

9. dansgil macrumors regular

dansgil

I agree, a darker silver color would be nice. I don't want proper black though.

10. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Anyone good a photoshop. Please make a Gun Metal colored MBP!

11. bradc macrumors 6502

Oh you want what's called a 'Pearl' paint. That would look really trick, but it's too hard to mass produce. Basically a Pearl paintjob is when you have a base colour-say black, and then I *think* they put down a few layers of clearcoat, and then your accent colour say red. So this would look like black straight on, but from an angle it would be like a dark cherry red.

I won a contest awhile a back for a free custom airbrushed paintjob on my Norco Shore in '01. The frame is/was aluminium so the downside was that they couldn't 'bake' the paint on because aluminium loses strength, where as if it was a steel frame they could bake the paint on. Since they couldn't the paintjob chipped sooo easily:(

So I wonder how Colorware paints their Macbook Pro laptops, then again a laptop isn't being ridden down a race course:rolleyes:

12. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

Haha well no acctually I didn't mean Camelion Paint job stuff though that would be AMAZING!! Like that special addition 2003ish cobra... oh man... :Drooling:

I just mean there is a paint job automakers do. Its a dark dark silver. The IS300 and has the best one out their that i've seen. Its just a super super super dark Grey. When the sun is shinning straight on it it looks just like a pretty dark grey, but the minute the sun/light source is not it looks black.

Thats all I meant. Pretty sure its not the paint job you were talking about because the ford focus has had it before I think, and so did the lexus...

13. bradc macrumors 6502

Ohh, I hear ya. Yeah I'm a fan of gun metal greys and charcoal greys. That would look pretty ritzy too!

14. poppe macrumors 68020

poppe

So what did you paint? Your race car is that what you said?

15. MacRumoron macrumors 6502

i think the mbp looks better currently... black would make it look cheaper

16. taybone macrumors member

I completely agree. Silver looks amazing, and black would look cheap and almost like a pc...

'don't fix it if it ain't broken'

17. MygoYugo macrumors newbie

I don't think the black looks so cheap other than it shares appearance with its cheaper brehtren, the MacBook. Leaving the trackpad and keyboard silver looks very tasteful and functional. I think the black is cool because it understates the parts of the computer that you don't interact with, and helps the material on the screen stand out.

18. blckout20 macrumors member

I'm like the way the MBP looks how it is...I'm not really a fan of the black macs anyways just because I think it makes them just look like Dells or other computers. Apple is known for it's all white computers that are just so sexy.