Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TroX-91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
Hi

I designed a first application where I got my Splitview working well. But now I want to design another one where I got a main menu, where I got a button, and on push, I want to show up my split view.
The problem is than I only got my right side view of my split view (positionned on the left...), when I push the button.

My goal is quit simple, "Show the SAME view of my first application, in my current application, when I push a button on my main menu".
If anybody got an idea/advice, it will be really helpful.

Thanks.:)

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
For some reason, split views must be the root view of your application or they won't work properly. Take that into account when designing your UX. For example, in the iPad version of CraigsHarvest that I'm working on, I present my menu view modally on top of the split view.

TroX-91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
After some research, I finally found that my splitView has to be the rootViewController. Then I design a SplitView application that I want, and now my problem is to show my main menu over the split view.
How could I do that ?

TroX-91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
I can't read your post, I'm at work and the access to "downloadind software or freeware" website are restricted, and your link is one. I'll read it once I come back home.
Thanks. :D

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
I can't read your post, I'm at work and the access to "downloadind software or freeware" website are restricted, and your link is one. I'll read it once I come back home.
Thanks. :D
Now, I'm really confused. You were able to read my post that asked if you read my previous post but weren't able to read that post itself?

TroX-91

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
I can't access to your CraigsHarvest link (in your signature), this is what your talking about when you say "my post", isn't it ?
Of course I read your post if it is the one in the thread.

PhoneyDeveloper

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2008
now my problem is to show my main menu over the split view. How could I do that ?

in the iPad version of CraigsHarvest that I'm working on, I present my menu view modally on top of the split view.

?????

In general one should think of the split view controller to be similar to the navigation controller and the tab bar controller. They are controllers that manage other controllers. The navigation controller can be used inside a tab bar controller but the tab bar controller and the split view controller want to be the root view controller.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.