How the Revolution works

Discussion in 'Games' started by nightdweller25, Jan 8, 2006.

1. risc macrumors 68030

risc

LOL well that impressed me no end, um not! What am I meant to find intersting about that?

2. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

It's interesting to see the way the controller interfaces through the kind of star shaped dot on the screen. Also i was not expecting being able to turn it on it's side as if it were a steering wheel.

3. risc macrumors 68030

risc

You do know this isn't real? It even says so "10 short clips of how the Nintendo Revolution controller might work.". Here's hoping Nintendo are a bit more original than those videos.

4. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I think it pretty cool if you realize it's conceptual. The actual games would look much cooler, of course. The sword slashing and stabbing the paper was really nice.

But there's a ton more they might have showed you using the controller for: lifting, pushing, pulling, cranking, spinning, digging, paddling, kickboxing, dancing, drumming, balancing, shooting, pouring, shaking, mixing, chopping, tickling, flying, rolling, drilling, swatting, mortaring, painting...

The possibilities of the controllers are almost endless, especially considering you can have up to four of them active at any time (plus attachments). Imagine strapping one to each arm and one to each leg. I hope extra controllers are affordable. I just worry about fatigue when playing the Revolution for hours at a time, seriously.

5. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

Yeah I realised that they weren't real, but they were a good conceptualisation of how I imagined they would work.

6. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

You do realise that the whole mad, wild arm movements thing is an exaggeration for the purpose of the video? In reality (according to the various game mags both on and offline), it's just as easy to use small wrist movements, and it doesn't get tiring at all much