How to: 10.4.5 back to 10.4.4 ?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by btc, Mar 13, 2006.

1. btc macrumors member

Jan 29, 2006
    i have a Blue and White with a Powerlogix 1.0 GHz processor.

at least it should be 1.0 GHz with a proper version of their CPU Director software.

when i went from 10.4.4 to 10.4.5, CPUD informed me that it was no longer compatible with the OS and defaulted back to 500 MHz.

it looks as though Powerlogix is going through some crisis and there is no support available other than to go back to 10.4.4

is there an easy way to do this other than wiping the disk and re-installing?
  2. SnickterP macrumors newbie

Jan 26, 2006
    No, there really isnt an easy way. I have the same processor in a beige G3 and i use XLR8's MACh Speed Control instead of Powerlogix. I have never run into an issue with OS updates using it, it always works :)
  3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    I would try running the 10.4.5 combo updater (again), to see if the problem went away. Failing that you could try an Archive and Install with your Tiger disk, then use the 10.4.4 combo updater from Apple Download, not Software Update, to get it up to 10.4.4.

Remember: Backing up is always a good idea, especially before doing big system changes... ;)
  4. btc thread starter macrumors member

Jan 29, 2006
    thanks for the advice and help. powerlogix support email comes back as no such address, and other world computing which seems to have an exclusive deal with powerlogix sends tech support to the same address.

i'm going to give the xlr8 mach speed control a try.

5. btc thread starter macrumors member

Jan 29, 2006
    i got the XLR8 Mach Speed Control and it works perfectly, far superior to what Powerlogix was offering for 10.4.4, with no software in sight for 10.4.5 from Powerlogix.

i recommend it to anyone who needs speed control software, there is an OS 9 version available as well.