How to add Videos

Discussion in 'iPod' started by zorg, Jun 12, 2006.

1. zorg macrumors regular

I am having some trouble with adding videos to my video iPod. How do I do it?

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

In what area are you having trouble? Getting the videos into iTunes, or getting your videos from iTunes to your iPod?

3. zorg thread starter macrumors regular

Can you tell me the whole process? I don't know how to get them onto iTunes either.

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

What type of videos are you trying to import? A DVD of another file type already on your computer?

EDIT: If you want to import movies from a DVD (which I should point out is illegal in the US), you can use HandBrake Lite.

If you want to make video files already on your computer compatible with iTunes/iPods, you can use iSquint.

5. ilovemyibook macrumors regular

What EricNau Said Is Correct But Here Is A Little More Info. Do Every Thing He Said Then Open Up iTunes And Go To The Preferences, Make Sure That Videos Are Check-Marked. Then Import Your Videos That Are Already Formated For The iPod, Then Plug In Your iPod Then Drag The Videos To Your iPod Just Like It Were An MP3. Or You Can Import A Video That Is Not Formated For The iPod And The Right Click (ctrl click) Then Click Convert Selection For iPod. Hope This Helps.

6. j83com macrumors newbie

-

I am having the same problem.
    Turns out it's because I'm on a G3 using 10.2.8.

You need 10.3.8 or up.
    I'm only able to add music, not video...yet.