How to add weekly iCal events?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by anjinha, Feb 16, 2007.

1. macrumors 604

anjinha

ok, so i have been messing around with ical, and i just wanted to know one thing, is there any way i can put my class schedule in there so that it appears in every week or do i have to put it manually every week?

2. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

When you add the new event (one for each day's classes, in your case), there's an option to set how often to repeat it, as well as an end date to stop.

If you have a MWF class, for example, you'd add three weekly events, one for each time it met. A minor hassle, but not too bad. Edit: not true; see Silver-Fox's post below.

iCalExample.png

3. macrumors 68040

acearchie

THERE is an option, click on the event and the bar on the right should pop open! if not drag it right and then click on repeat and select how often you want to repeat it!

Hope this helps

4. macrumors 603

swiftaw

You can get an event to Repeat as often as needed. when you create a new event (or edit an old one) just change the repeat settings in the sidebar.

5. macrumors 65816

Silver-Fox

there is an option so that it does fill out everyday of the week

choose “Custom” from the pull-down menu next to the “Repeat” item in the Information window, then select the appropriate days of the week.

i think that is right :p

6. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

Nice! Never noticed that before. :)

7. macrumors regular

iCal Alarm

Why are there two alarms when you're editing an event?

*Edit* Uh, I meant to post a new topic, but I wasn't concentrating I guess and I posted in this topic. Feel free to answer, though!