How to auto create network drive mappings?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by dan888, Jan 11, 2006.

1. dan888 macrumors newbie

Hello anyone,

I have a MAC OS X 10.4.4 that is joined to a Windows2003 Active Directory, which has a logon script that automatically maps a network according to the user, at least this works for Windows PC.

Can anyone give me some suggestions as to how to do this for a MAC? I know how to manually create a drive mapping, but I just don't know how to have it automatically create for each user that logs in to have their own user directory automatically mapped.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
    Dan

2. Icedog macrumors member

I would love to know how to do this as well. I've been able to bind to AD, and mount the shares. I just need to figure out how to auto mount the "home folder"

3. ekaffran macrumors newbie

cannot mounting shares or user home folder , see the error in blue can you help

Apple - Support - Discussions - Using AD for authentication; want ...
    5 posts - 2 authors - Last post: 21 Mar 2008
    There is a Mac OS X server running 10.4.10 (now 11, I tried the updates) ... Error of type eDSNoStdMappingAvailable (-14140) on line 575 of /SourceCache/WorkgroupManager-319/Plugins/UserAccounts/UserVolumesPluginView.mm" ... The nice thing is that when I go back into Workgroup Manager, then Home, ...
    discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=6879896 - Cached - Similar