How to Auto-Reply in Entourage OSX

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mooshoo, Jan 16, 2006.

1. mooshoo macrumors regular

Hi.

I've been trying to figure out how to set up the Entourage Mail app to auto-reply emails sent to my account. I'm going on vacation in like, a day, and want the app to automatically send a "out-of-office" reply. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks!

2. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

No probs.

Set up a Rule (Tools -> Rules). Select the account you want the rule to apply to. Make a rule where for all messages received, send a reply. You can then specify the text. Give it a quick test by sending yourself an email.

Note that you'll have to leave the computer logged on and connecting for this to work... bit crazy if you ask me; if you have a webmail access then maybe you can set the option up from within that, without getting Entourage to do it.

Attached Files:

• rule.jpg
      rule.jpg
      File size:
      110.5 KB
      Views:
  3. mooshoo thread starter macrumors regular

dops,

So, correct me if I'm wrong: The PB has to be connected for the Auto-reply to work? I guess it's not a server-related function then? Hmm. I was going on vacation, and not quite planning on taking the PB with me (nor a cellphone, for that matter!), but I guess I have to take it along now.

Thanks for the reply!

4. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

That's right. The mail reaches your computer, then Entourage sends a reply automatically. So it has to connect to send/receive. A server approach is much better, but that depends on the kind of mail account you have; Gmail I am sure will let you set that up from the web interface, and many IMAP accounts also have a webmail interface. Otherwise... you may be a bit stuck.

5. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

If it for a work account, they can probably turn on an autoreply at the server level for you.

6. chrisrea macrumors newbie

The easiest way is to log into Outlook Web Access, find Options in the left nav bar, and the Out of Office Assistant will be first in the list.