Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
I would look at a virtual CD program that would fool batch actions into thinking it was a CD then. I did a quick google search, and others are looking as well, but I would think something virtual would let you emulate the contents so batch rip actions could use it. Go in that direction and see where it goes.

Hey HJL,

Thanks for replying! Unfortunately, I don't think that'll work. I looked at the code and it only acts on DVD and BDs listed in the IO registry. They have to be mounted via an optical drive. It's possible to get it to do what he wants, but it's a big change in code. It might be easier to add as an option to Batch Encode though, since it already acts on ISOs and VideoTS folders and uses MakeMKV for BDs. I'll look into it.

Thanks!

mac.jedi

doccelo

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2009
Hey HJL,

Thanks for replying! Unfortunately, I don't think that'll work. I looked at the code and it only acts on DVD and BDs listed in the IO registry. They have to be mounted via an optical drive. It's possible to get it to do what he wants, but it's a big change in code. It might be easier to add as an option to Batch Encode though, since it already acts on ISOs and VideoTS folders and uses MakeMKV for BDs. I'll look into it.

Thanks!

mac.jedi

That's great! You're a life (and time) saver. I'd be willing to help in any way I can with testing and such.

Suggestion: To make it possible to select all audio tracks and subtitles, or at the minimum all subtitles, thus preserving as much of the original dvd as possible. From my understanding Batch Actions only selects one language that is specified in the workflow's "Native Language" setting and thus only pulls one audio track? I also see no setting for pulling subtitles...is this correct?

ffichman

macrumors newbie
Oct 19, 2013
Problems

Could you help me? I'm having this problem below:

WARNING: Fairmount.app is listed as QUARANTINED because it is an application downloaded from the Internet. You must initiate and authorize Fairmount.app FIRST, before performing this action. Will continue, but the action may fail if the operating system prevents the application from starting.

WARNING: MakeMKV.app is listed as QUARANTINED because it is an application downloaded from the Internet. You must initiate and authorize MakeMKV.app FIRST, before performing this action. Will continue, but the action may fail if the operating system prevents the application from starting.

I've tried opening the application and even then it still gives the error.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Sincerely,

P.S. Mac Mini Server

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
Could you help me? I'm having this problem below:

WARNING: Fairmount.app is listed as QUARANTINED because it is an application downloaded from the Internet. You must initiate and authorize Fairmount.app FIRST, before performing this action. Will continue, but the action may fail if the operating system prevents the application from starting.

WARNING: MakeMKV.app is listed as QUARANTINED because it is an application downloaded from the Internet. You must initiate and authorize MakeMKV.app FIRST, before performing this action. Will continue, but the action may fail if the operating system prevents the application from starting.

I've tried opening the application and even then it still gives the error.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Sincerely,

P.S. Mac Mini Server

Are you using the latest version? I think that looks like the previous verbage.

Build 269:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/242398/BatchRip/BatchRipActions-1.1.0.dmg

Also:
What OS version are you running?
Do you have Fairmount installed anywhere, outside of the one that's included in bundled in the app?
If you're running Mac OS 10.8 or newer, you can try allowing all apps in Gatekeeper (security pref) and see if that allows it.

I've got a code signed version waiting in the wings.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Mac.jedi

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
That's great! You're a life (and time) saver. I'd be willing to help in any way I can with testing and such.

Suggestion: To make it possible to select all audio tracks and subtitles, or at the minimum all subtitles, thus preserving as much of the original dvd as possible. From my understanding Batch Actions only selects one language that is specified in the workflow's "Native Language" setting and thus only pulls one audio track? I also see no setting for pulling subtitles...is this correct?

Hi doccelo,

I have a version for you to test:

THIS IS A BETA

Batch Rip Actions for Automator v1.1.0 (build 270)

Changes:
Added a preset to "Encode 1" called "MakeMKV". If selected, this preset will encode an MKV file from any source "folder" containing a VIDEO_TS folder.

Any presets enabled in "Encode 2" thru "Encode 4", will be encoded to mp4 using the MKV file created in "Encode 1" as the source.

Usage remains the same:
Use the Batch Encode (Finder) Service to process the items selected in the Finder.

Use the regular Batch Encode Service to process the items located in your Batch Rip Folders.

If your source folders are located in your Batch Rip TV or Batch Rip Movie folders, they will be processed as such. If your source folders are located elsewhere, they will be processed using the "Default Video Kind" set in the action panel.

I SUGGEST TRYING IT ON A FEW ITEMS FIRST, THEN DO LARGER BATCHES.
I DON'T RECOMMEND RUNNING IT ON YOUR ENTIRE COLLECTION.

Please note:
The Batch Encode Action was the only action updated.

If anyone wants to test this version, please do so. If you find this broke something that worked in the previous build, please let me know here.

Thanks,

mac.jedi

--------------------------------------------------------------------

^ EDIT: found a bug on line 818 which makes BDs fail to process, VIDEO_TS processes correctly. Line 818 can be found in the MakeMKV function below the #comment. The line has been corrected below. You can make the update in the app's script editor if you wish. I'll update in next build.

Code:
	# new file name for input into handbrake
	if [[ "$sourceFormat" = "SD" && "$preset1" = "MakeMKV" ]]; then

Last edited:

doccelo

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2009
Thank you so much!

Ok, my setup is this:
Externally mounted Drobo where my movie files reside, Mac Pro running OS X Mavericks 10.9.
File structure is: Drobo/Feature Films/American/Movie Name (Year)/VIDEO_TS.
Min/Max duration set for 30/380 in Batch Encode.workflow

And here are my findings...

Processing one single movie video_ts folder through Finder: Success! Sort of
File naming adds a "-0" (the video track number) to the end of the file and puts the file within the parent folder (where the video_ts resides). Tried with a movie that has both a Fullscreen and Widescreen option, and it only pulled the Fullscreen version. Both Fullscreen and Widescreen fit within the specified min/max duration settings so I'm not sure what happened there. According to the logs (txt file created within the parent movie folder) the second Widescreen mkv should have been encoded but it doesn't seem to have been moved into place. Where is the temporary folder located?

Processing two movie video_ts folders through Finder: Failed
It processed the first movie and successfully created the mkv and txt file in the parent folder. The second movie folder has the txt file in it but no mkv. The batchEncodeTmp.sh terminal window shows successful completion of both movies. The txt file created for the second movie also shows that a video track fit the criteria. Appears that maybe files aren't being moved front the temp directory?

Trying a second set of two movies: Same as above, except this time it was the first movie of the two in sequence that didn't have the mkv created. The terminal window shows it progressing through from 0% to 100% for both movies, and both showing completion.

Processing three movie video_ts folders through Finder: Failed
All three movies failed to produce a mkv file. This time it didn't even progress through the 0-100% of "creating MKV temp file of Track: 0" but said "Processing Complete"

Trying a second set of three movies: Same outcome: no mkvs created at all. All produce txt files within the parent folder.

In summary
-One movie file works fine.
-One movie file with two possible video tracks (widescreen and fullscreen) it only creates one mkv and fails the second.
-Two movie files and it only creates one mkv.
-Three movie files and it fails on all three.

I will stop my testing for now until I hear back. Thanks again for the effort! Let me know what you need to troubleshoot.

-doc

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
Thank you so much!

Ok, my setup is this:
Externally mounted Drobo where my movie files reside, Mac Pro running OS X Mavericks 10.9.
File structure is: Drobo/Feature Films/American/Movie Name (Year)/VIDEO_TS.
Min/Max duration set for 30/380 in Batch Encode.workflow

And here are my findings...

Processing one single movie video_ts folder through Finder: Success! Sort of
File naming adds a "-0" (the video track number) to the end of the file and puts the file within the parent folder (where the video_ts resides). Tried with a movie that has both a Fullscreen and Widescreen option, and it only pulled the Fullscreen version. Both Fullscreen and Widescreen fit within the specified min/max duration settings so I'm not sure what happened there. According to the logs (txt file created within the parent movie folder) the second Widescreen mkv should have been encoded but it doesn't seem to have been moved into place. Where is the temporary folder located?

Processing two movie video_ts folders through Finder: Failed
It processed the first movie and successfully created the mkv and txt file in the parent folder. The second movie folder has the txt file in it but no mkv. The batchEncodeTmp.sh terminal window shows successful completion of both movies. The txt file created for the second movie also shows that a video track fit the criteria. Appears that maybe files aren't being moved front the temp directory?

Trying a second set of two movies: Same as above, except this time it was the first movie of the two in sequence that didn't have the mkv created. The terminal window shows it progressing through from 0% to 100% for both movies, and both showing completion.

Processing three movie video_ts folders through Finder: Failed
All three movies failed to produce a mkv file. This time it didn't even progress through the 0-100% of "creating MKV temp file of Track: 0" but said "Processing Complete"

Trying a second set of three movies: Same outcome: no mkvs created at all. All produce txt files within the parent folder.

In summary
-One movie file works fine.
-One movie file with two possible video tracks (widescreen and fullscreen) it only creates one mkv and fails the second.
-Two movie files and it only creates one mkv.
-Three movie files and it fails on all three.

I will stop my testing for now until I hear back. Thanks again for the effort! Let me know what you need to troubleshoot.

-doc

Try changing the default video kind to TV Show. When it's set to Movie and the source is outside the Batch Rip folders, it will only process the 1st longest title found. That should solve the FS/WS issue.

Keep in mind, I can't guarantee that it'll work on every title. There are too many variables … what software was used to rip, folder/file names, different encryption methods, etc. The automation is just feeding your sources to MakeMKV, it's up to MakeMKV to do the processing. I just did 5 successfully, and loaded another 10 to try overnight. I'll let you know the results. In the meantime, try a folder that failed using the MakeMKV GUI and let me know the results.

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
Same outcome: no mkvs created at all. All produce txt files within the parent folder.

-doc

Hi doc,

Below are the results from last night. I loaded 10 movies and 8 TV shows. The Seven Samurai discs failed; all other processed correctly. I looked at the title info and they were both ripped using MacTheRipper; the others were not. MakeMKV has issues with sources that were processed using MTR. I tried the MakeMKV GUI on them and they failed to process, as expected. I've listed the logs below for you to review. As I've said before, if it doesn't work manually, it's not gonna work with Batch Rip Actions for Automator.

Try processing a title that failed by itself; once with the Service (turn on verbose logging), and once with the MakeMKV GUI. Post the logs here if it fails or succeeds. I also recommend trying it on a disk other than your Drobo. There may be IO errors that could be causing it fail … so one thing at a time.

Thanks!

mac.jedi

Code:
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
batchEncode.sh v1.1.0

Start: Thu Nov 21 22:36:22 PST 2013
  Input directory 1: /Volumes/SpeedDisk/Batch Rip Movies
  Input directory 2: /Volumes/SpeedDisk/Batch Rip TV
  Output directory: /Volumes/SpeedDisk/Batch Encode
  Use optical Drive: No
  Encode HD Sources: No
  Auto-add movie tags: Yes
  Retire Existing File: No
  Growl me when complete: No
  Encode TV Shows between: 20-120 mins
  Encode Movies between: 80-180 mins
  Native Language: eng (en)
  Use Disc's Default Audio Language: Yes
  Will Encode: Encode 1/MakeMKV

WILL PROCESS THE FOLLOWING VIDEOS:
  1941 (1979) : (Movie)
  61* (2001) : (Movie)
  A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) : (Movie)
  About a Boy (2002) : (Movie)
  The Seven Samurai (1954) D1 : (Movie)
  The Seven Samurai (1954) D2 : (Movie)
  The Sting (1973) : (Movie)
  The Sum of All Fears (2002) : (Movie)
  The Ten Commandments (1956) D1 : (Movie)
  The Ten Commandments (1956) D2 : (Movie)
  Family Guy - S3D3 : (TV Show)
  Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D1 : (TV Show)
  Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D2 : (TV Show)
  Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D3 : (TV Show)
  Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D4 : (TV Show)
  Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D5 : (TV Show)
  Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D6 : (TV Show)
  Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D7 : (TV Show)

PROCESSING: 1941 (1979) 

*Scanning Folder: '1941 (1979)'
  Will encode the following tracks: 0 

*Creating MKV temp file of Track: 0
  Progress - 100%   

PROCESSING COMPLETE: 1941 (1979)
PROCESSING: 61* (2001) 

*Scanning Folder: '61* (2001)'

Progress - 99%   

PROCESSING COMPLETE: 61* (2001)
PROCESSING: A Streetcar Named Desire (1951) 

*Scanning Folder: 'A Streetcar Named Desire (1951)'

Progress - 99%   

PROCESSING COMPLETE: A Streetcar Named Desire (1951)
PROCESSING: About a Boy (2002) 

*Scanning Folder: 'About a Boy (2002)'

Progress - 99%   

PROCESSING COMPLETE: About a Boy (2002)
PROCESSING: The Seven Samurai (1954) D1 

*Scanning Folder: 'The Seven Samurai (1954) D1'

Progress - 4%   

PROCESSING COMPLETE: The Seven Samurai (1954) D1
PROCESSING: The Seven Samurai (1954) D2 

*Scanning Folder: 'The Seven Samurai (1954) D2'

Progress - 7%   

PROCESSING COMPLETE: The Seven Samurai (1954) D2
PROCESSING: The Sting (1973) 

*Scanning Folder: 'The Sting (1973)'

Progress - 100%   

PROCESSING COMPLETE: The Sting (1973)
PROCESSING: The Sum of All Fears (2002) 

*Scanning Folder: 'The Sum of All Fears (2002)'

Progress - 99%   

PROCESSING COMPLETE: The Sum of All Fears (2002)
PROCESSING: The Ten Commandments (1956) D1 

*Scanning Folder: 'The Ten Commandments (1956) D1'

Progress - 99%   

PROCESSING COMPLETE: The Ten Commandments (1956) D1
PROCESSING: The Ten Commandments (1956) D2 

*Scanning Folder: 'The Ten Commandments (1956) D2'

Progress - 99%   

PROCESSING COMPLETE: The Ten Commandments (1956) D2
PROCESSING: Family Guy - S3D3 

*Scanning Folder: 'Family Guy - S3D3'
  Will encode the following tracks: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 

Progress - 99%   
*Creating MKV temp file of Track: 1
  Progress - 99%   
*Creating MKV temp file of Track: 2
  Progress - 99%   
*Creating MKV temp file of Track: 3
  Progress - 99%   
*Creating MKV temp file of Track: 4
  Progress - 99%   
*Creating MKV temp file of Track: 5
  Progress - 99%   

PROCESSING COMPLETE: Family Guy - S3D3
PROCESSING: Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D1 

*Scanning Folder: 'Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D1'
  Will encode the following tracks: 0, 1, 2 

Progress - 100%   
  Progress - 99%   
  Progress - 99%   

PROCESSING COMPLETE: Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D1
PROCESSING: Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D2 

*Scanning Folder: 'Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D2'
  Will encode the following tracks: 0, 1, 2, 3 

Progress - 99%   
  Progress - 99%   
  Progress - 99%   
  Progress - 99%   

PROCESSING COMPLETE: Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D2
PROCESSING: Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D3 

*Scanning Folder: 'Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D3'

Progress - 100%   
  Progress - 100%   
  Progress - 99%   
  Progress - 99%   

PROCESSING COMPLETE: Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D3
PROCESSING: Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D4 

*Scanning Folder: 'Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D4'

Progress - 99%   
  Progress - 99%   
  Progress - 99%   
  Progress - 99%   

PROCESSING COMPLETE: Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D4
PROCESSING: Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D5 

*Scanning Folder: 'Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D5'

Progress - 99%   
  Progress - 99%   
  Progress - 100%   
  Progress - 100%   

PROCESSING COMPLETE: Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D5
PROCESSING: Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D6 

*Scanning Folder: 'Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D6'

Progress - 99%   
  Progress - 99%   
  Progress - 99%   
  Progress - 99%   

PROCESSING COMPLETE: Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D6
PROCESSING: Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D7 

*Scanning Folder: 'Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D7'
  Will encode the following tracks: 0, 1 

Progress - 100%   
  Progress - 99%   

PROCESSING COMPLETE: Star Trek, The Next Generation S1D7
  End: Thu Nov 21 23:31:39 PST 2013

Code:
MakeMKV v1.8.6 darwin(x86-release) started
Optical drive "BD-ROM HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW CH08LS10 1.00d" opened in OS access mode.
Optical drive "HD-DVD-ROM HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.03d" opened in OS access mode.
DEBUG: Code 0 at :.gKUKTi$rmTuZ*/!RV>pMFo{:121263153
DEBUG: Code 0 at :.gKUKTi$rmTuZ*/!RV>pMFo{:121263153
Opening files on harddrive at /Volumes/SpeedDisk/Batch Rip Movies/The Seven Samurai (1954) D1/VIDEO_TS
Title #1 was added (16 cell(s), 1:51:46)
Operation successfully completed
Saving 1 titles into directory /Volumes/SpeedDisk/MacTheRipper
AV synchronization issues were found in file '/Volumes/SpeedDisk/MacTheRipper/title00.mkv' (title #1)
AV sync issue in stream 0 at 0:03:10.023 : video frame timecode differs by -190.023s
AV sync issue in stream 1,2,3,4 at 0:03:09.952 with duration of 32ms : broken timecode, apparent audio skew is -190.023s
Program reads data faster than it can write to disk, consider upgrading your hard drive if you see many of these messages.
Program reads data faster than it can write to disk, consider upgrading your hard drive if you see many of these messages.
LIBMKV_TRACE: Exception: MKV_ASSERT: TimecodeDelay >= int16(0x8000) && TimecodeDelay <= int16(0x7FFF)
Failed to save title 0 to file /Volumes/SpeedDisk/MacTheRipper/title00.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed

doccelo

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2009
I will do more testing today and post back. One question though: Do you know where the temp mkv file is being created and if that can be changed? I fear I'm accumulating temp mkv files somewhere on some of these files because I see them progressing from 0-100% as they are being created then they don't show up in my destination folder.

doccelo

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2009
Just a quick update. I ran some of the failed movies using the MakeMKV GUI and they processed just fine. Will keep testing...

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
I will do more testing today and post back. One question though: Do you know where the temp mkv file is being created and if that can be changed? I fear I'm accumulating temp mkv files somewhere on some of these files because I see them progressing from 0-100% as they are being created then they don't show up in my destination folder.

There isn't really a temp file, just one file created in the VIDEO_TS folder. It's called temp because the file name MakeMKV puts out is something like title00 or t00something. After the file is processed it's renamed and moved one level up to the folder containing the VIDEO_TS folder. If there is no MKV, it didn't process. The verbose log in Batch Encode should show you all the output from MakeMKV. I sure you'll see a failed message from MakeMKV. Batch Encode isn't showing the error, because I haven't added the code to look for that particular error. It's showing 100% complete because the scan MakeMKV performs processed 100%, but the second step of actually making the MKV is failing.

Please post your logs so I can try account for the error.

doccelo

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2009
Ok, I just did a test using Batch Encode Finder and it failed. I did the same movie using the MakeMKV GUI and it was successful. I'm getting a Posix error - Permission denied" error.

Code:
Last login: Fri Nov 22 13:25:52 on ttys000
MacPro:~ Marcelo$ /Users/Marcelo/Library/Application\ Support/Batch\ Rip/batchEncodeTmp.sh ; exit;

Processing Args passed from Batch Encode (Service).workflow
--verboseLog 1 --movieSearchDir /Users/Marcelo/Movies/Batch:Rip:Movies --tvSearchDir /Users/Marcelo/Movies/Batch:Rip:TV --outputDir /Users/Marcelo/Movies/Batch:Encode --handBrakeCliPath /Applications/HandBrakeCLI --makemkvPath /Applications/MakeMKV.app --minTrackTimeTV 20 --maxTrackTimeTV 120 --minTrackTimeMovie 30 --maxTrackTimeMovie 380 --nativeLanguage eng --useDefaultAudioLanguage 1 --encode_1 1 --encode_2 0 --encode_3 0 --encode_4 0 --ignoreOptical 1 --growlMe 0 --videoKindOverride TV:Show --addiTunesTags 0 --retireExistingFile 0 --libraryFolder no:selection --retiredFolder no:selection --customArgs1 no@selection --customArgs2 no@selection --customArgs3 no@selection --customArgs4 no@selection --preset1 MakeMKV --preset2 Universal --preset3 AppleTV@2 --preset4 Universal /Volumes/Drobo/Feature:Films/American/A:Charlie:Brown:Christmas:(1965) 

batchEncode.sh v1.1.0

Start: Fri Nov 22 13:29:45 EST 2013
  Input directory 1: /Users/Marcelo/Movies/Batch Rip Movies
  Input directory 2: /Users/Marcelo/Movies/Batch Rip TV
  Output directory: /Users/Marcelo/Movies/Batch Encode
  Encode HD Sources: No
  Auto-add movie tags: No
  Encode Movies between: 30-380 mins
  Native Language: eng (en)
  Will Encode: Encode 1/MakeMKV

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  VERBOSE MODE

A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965) : (TV Show)

PROCESSING: A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965) 

*Scanning Folder: 'A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)'
MSG:1005,0,1,"MakeMKV v1.8.6 darwin(x86-release) started","%1 started","MakeMKV v1.8.6 darwin(x86-release)"
MSG:2010,0,1,"Optical drive \"BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE  WH10LS30 1.00d\" opened in OS access mode.","Optical drive \"%1\" opened in OS access mode.","BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE  WH10LS30 1.00d"
DRV:0,0,999,0,"BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE  WH10LS30 1.00","",""
DRV:1,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:2,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:3,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:4,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:5,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:6,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:7,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:8,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:9,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:10,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:11,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:12,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:13,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:14,256,999,0,"","",""
DRV:15,256,999,0,"","",""
MSG:3006,0,1,"Opening files on harddrive at /Volumes/Drobo/Feature Films/American/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/VIDEO_TS","Opening files on harddrive at %1","/Volumes/Drobo/Feature Films/American/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/VIDEO_TS"
MSG:3006,0,1,"Opening files on harddrive at /Volumes/Drobo/Feature Films/American/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/VIDEO_TS","Opening files on harddrive at %1","/Volumes/Drobo/Feature Films/American/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/VIDEO_TS"
MSG:3002,0,1,"Calculated BUP offset for VTS #1 does not match one in IFO header.","Calculated BUP offset for VTS #%1 does not match one in IFO header.","1"
MSG:3002,0,1,"Calculated BUP offset for VTS #2 does not match one in IFO header.","Calculated BUP offset for VTS #%1 does not match one in IFO header.","2"
MSG:3028,0,3,"Title #1 was added (6 cell(s), 0:25:40)","Title #%1 was added (%2 cell(s), %3)","1","6","0:25:40"
MSG:3028,0,3,"Title #2 was added (8 cell(s), 0:23:17)","Title #%1 was added (%2 cell(s), %3)","2","8","0:23:17"
MSG:5011,0,0,"Operation successfully completed","Operation successfully completed"
TCOUNT:2
CINFO:1,6206,"DVD disc"
CINFO:31,6119,"<b>Source information</b><br>"
CINFO:33,0,"0"
TINFO:0,8,0,"6"
TINFO:0,9,0,"0:25:40"
TINFO:0,10,0,"1.7 GB"
TINFO:0,11,0,"1831772160"
TINFO:0,24,0,"1"
TINFO:0,25,0,"2"
TINFO:0,26,0,"1-4,5-6"
TINFO:0,27,0,"title00.mkv"
TINFO:0,30,0,"6 chapter(s) , 1.7 GB"
TINFO:0,31,6120,"<b>Title information</b><br>"
TINFO:0,33,0,"0"
SINFO:0,0,1,6201,"Video"
SINFO:0,0,5,0,"V_MPEG2"
SINFO:0,0,6,0,"Mpeg2"
SINFO:0,0,7,0,"Mpeg2"
SINFO:0,0,13,0,"9.8 Mb/s"
SINFO:0,0,19,0,"720x480"
SINFO:0,0,20,0,"4:3"
SINFO:0,0,21,0,"29.97 (30000/1001)"
SINFO:0,0,22,0,"0"
SINFO:0,0,30,0,"Mpeg2"
SINFO:0,0,31,6121,"<b>Track information</b><br>"
SINFO:0,0,33,0,"0"
SINFO:0,0,38,0,""
SINFO:0,1,1,6202,"Audio"
SINFO:0,1,2,0,"2/0"
SINFO:0,1,3,0,"eng"
SINFO:0,1,4,0,"English"
SINFO:0,1,5,0,"A_AC3"
SINFO:0,1,6,0,"DD"
SINFO:0,1,7,0,"Dolby Digital"
SINFO:0,1,13,0,"192 Kb/s"
SINFO:0,1,14,0,"2"
SINFO:0,1,17,0,"48000"
SINFO:0,1,22,0,"0"
SINFO:0,1,30,0,"DD 2/0 English"
SINFO:0,1,31,6121,"<b>Track information</b><br>"
SINFO:0,1,33,0,"90"
SINFO:0,1,38,0,"d"
SINFO:0,1,39,0,"Default"
SINFO:0,2,1,6203,"Subtitles"
SINFO:0,2,3,0,"eng"
SINFO:0,2,4,0,"English"
SINFO:0,2,5,0,"S_VOBSUB"
SINFO:0,2,6,0,""
SINFO:0,2,7,0,"Dvd Subtitles"
SINFO:0,2,22,0,"0"
SINFO:0,2,30,0," English"
SINFO:0,2,31,6121,"<b>Track information</b><br>"
SINFO:0,2,33,0,"90"
SINFO:0,2,38,0,"d"
SINFO:0,2,39,0,"Default"
TINFO:1,8,0,"8"
TINFO:1,9,0,"0:23:17"
TINFO:1,10,0,"1.5 GB"
TINFO:1,11,0,"1676634112"
TINFO:1,24,0,"2"
TINFO:1,25,0,"2"
TINFO:1,26,0,"1-4,5-8"
TINFO:1,27,0,"title01.mkv"
TINFO:1,30,0,"8 chapter(s) , 1.5 GB"
TINFO:1,31,6120,"<b>Title information</b><br>"
TINFO:1,33,0,"0"
SINFO:1,0,1,6201,"Video"
SINFO:1,0,5,0,"V_MPEG2"
SINFO:1,0,6,0,"Mpeg2"
SINFO:1,0,7,0,"Mpeg2"
SINFO:1,0,13,0,"9.8 Mb/s"
SINFO:1,0,19,0,"720x480"
SINFO:1,0,20,0,"4:3"
SINFO:1,0,21,0,"29.97 (30000/1001)"
SINFO:1,0,22,0,"0"
SINFO:1,0,30,0,"Mpeg2"
SINFO:1,0,31,6121,"<b>Track information</b><br>"
SINFO:1,0,33,0,"0"
SINFO:1,0,38,0,""
SINFO:1,1,1,6202,"Audio"
SINFO:1,1,2,0,"2/0"
SINFO:1,1,3,0,"eng"
SINFO:1,1,4,0,"English"
SINFO:1,1,5,0,"A_AC3"
SINFO:1,1,6,0,"DD"
SINFO:1,1,7,0,"Dolby Digital"
SINFO:1,1,13,0,"192 Kb/s"
SINFO:1,1,14,0,"2"
SINFO:1,1,17,0,"48000"
SINFO:1,1,22,0,"0"
SINFO:1,1,30,0,"DD 2/0 English"
SINFO:1,1,31,6121,"<b>Track information</b><br>"
SINFO:1,1,33,0,"90"
SINFO:1,1,38,0,"d"
SINFO:1,1,39,0,"Default"
SINFO:1,2,1,6203,"Subtitles"
SINFO:1,2,3,0,"eng"
SINFO:1,2,4,0,"English"
SINFO:1,2,5,0,"S_VOBSUB"
SINFO:1,2,6,0,""
SINFO:1,2,7,0,"Dvd Subtitles"
SINFO:1,2,22,0,"0"
SINFO:1,2,30,0," English"
SINFO:1,2,31,6121,"<b>Track information</b><br>"
SINFO:1,2,33,0,"90"
SINFO:1,2,38,0,"d"
SINFO:1,2,39,0,"Default"

Will encode the following tracks: 0, 1 

Current operation: Scanning CD-ROM devices
Current action: Scanning CD-ROM devices
Current progress - 0%  , Total progress - 0%   
Optical drive "BD-RE HL-DT-ST BD-RE  WH10LS30 1.00d" opened in OS access mode.
Current progress - 100%  , Total progress - 0%   
Current progress - 100%  , Total progress - 100%   
Current progress - 0%  , Total progress - 100%   
Opening files on harddrive at /Volumes/Drobo/Feature Films/American/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/VIDEO_TS
Current operation: Opening Blu-ray disc
Current action: Processing advanced titleset
Current operation: Opening DVD files on a harddrive
Opening files on harddrive at /Volumes/Drobo/Feature Films/American/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/VIDEO_TS
Current action: Processing title sets
Current progress - 25%  , Total progress - 0%   
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #1 does not match one in IFO header.
Current progress - 50%  , Total progress - 0%   
Current progress - 50%  , Total progress - 1%   
Calculated BUP offset for VTS #2 does not match one in IFO header.
Current progress - 75%  , Total progress - 1%   
Current progress - 75%  , Total progress - 2%   
Current action: Processing titles
Current progress - 0%  , Total progress - 2%   
Title #1 was added (6 cell(s), 0:25:40)
Current progress - 16%  , Total progress - 2%   
Current progress - 16%  , Total progress - 3%   
Title #2 was added (8 cell(s), 0:23:17)
Current progress - 33%  , Total progress - 3%   
Current progress - 33%  , Total progress - 4%   
Current progress - 50%  , Total progress - 4%   
Current progress - 50%  , Total progress - 5%   
Current progress - 66%  , Total progress - 5%   
Current action: Decrypting data
Current progress - 0%  , Total progress - 5%   
Current progress - 25%  , Total progress - 5%   
Current progress - 25%  , Total progress - 6%   
Current progress - 100%  , Total progress - 6%   
Current progress - 100%  , Total progress - 9%   
Current progress - 0%  , Total progress - 9%   
Current operation: Saving all titles to MKV files
Saving 1 titles into directory /Volumes/Drobo/Feature Films/American/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/VIDEO_TS
Current action: Analyzing seamless segments
Current progress - 9%  , Total progress - 0%   
Current progress - 54%  , Total progress - 0%   
Current action: Saving to MKV file
Error 'Posix error - Permission denied' occurred while creating '/Volumes/Drobo/Feature Films/American/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/VIDEO_TS/title00.mkv'
Failed to save title 0 to file /Volumes/Drobo/Feature Films/American/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/VIDEO_TS/title00.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed
Copy complete. 0 titles saved, 1 failed.
Saving 1 titles into directory /Volumes/Drobo/Feature Films/American/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/VIDEO_TS
Error 'Posix error - Permission denied' occurred while creating '/Volumes/Drobo/Feature Films/American/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/VIDEO_TS/title01.mkv'
Failed to save title 1 to file /Volumes/Drobo/Feature Films/American/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/VIDEO_TS/title01.mkv
0 titles saved, 1 failed
Copy complete. 0 titles saved, 1 failed.

PROCESSING COMPLETE: A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
  End: Fri Nov 22 13:30:18 EST 2013

logout

[Process completed]

doccelo

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2009
Just did the same movie from another external drive (not from the Drobo) and I am getting the same Posix error. The same movie that completed successfully using makemkv gui.

Will try the same movie from an internal drive next...

Update: Tried it from internal drive and same Posix error.

Update 2: Getting the same Posix error on other movies that failed. They, too, process successfully using makemkv gui.

Should I have reinstalled Services when I upgraded to the new beta version?

Last edited:

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
Just did the same movie from another external drive (not from the Drobo) and I am getting the same Posix error. The same movie that completed successfully using makemkv gui.

Will try the same movie from an internal drive next...

Update: Tried it from internal drive and same Posix error.

This looks to be a makemkvcon error. Maybe the GUI is doing something different than the CLI, which could be a bug. Try makemkvcon manually using the code below:

Code:
/Applications/MakeMKV.app/Contents/MacOS/makemkvcon mkv --noscan --directio=false --progress=-same file:”/Volumes/Drobo/Feature Films/American/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/VIDEO_TS" all ”/Volumes/Drobo/Feature Films/American/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)"

NOTE: I used the file paths posted in your log. If you wanna try different locations. You'll have to change the paths. Make sure the paths are in quotes. This should give a verbose output.

EDIT: ^ FYI, The first file path is the input and the second is the output.

Let's stick to one movie. At this point it looks like the problem is with MakeMKV.

doccelo

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2009
Getting this: -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

Update: I changed both " at the beginning of the file paths and it's working now: the ones at "/Volumes/Drobo...

Update 2: Success using makemkvcon manually.

Last edited:

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
Getting this: -bash: syntax error near unexpected token `('

Update: I changed both " at the beginning of the file paths and it's working now: the ones at "/Volumes/Drobo...

Update 2: Success using makemkvcon manually.

Post your makemkvcon log. I'll take a look, but you might wanna post over at the MakeMKV forum. I'd post both verbose logs … the makemkvcon output from batch encode and from the manual cli. Since the error is coming from makemkvcon, I'll be of little help.

doccelo

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2009
Post your makemkvcon log. I'll take a look, but you might wanna post over at the MakeMKV forum. I'd post both verbose logs … the makemkvcon output from batch encode and from the manual cli. Since the error is coming from makemkvcon, I'll be of little help.

Here is the makemkvcon log after a successful completion running it in manual mode in terminal. Since it was successful in both makemkv gui and makemkvcon manually wouldn't it stand to reason that the problem lies with Batch Encode since it only failed when ran through Batch Encode?

Code:
MacPro:~ Marcelo$ /Applications/MakeMKV.app/Contents/MacOS/makemkvcon mkv --noscan --directio=false --progress=-same file:"/Volumes/Drobo/Feature Films/American/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)/VIDEO_TS" all "/Volumes/Drobo/Feature Films/American/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)"
Saving 2 titles into directory /Volumes/Drobo/Feature Films/American/A Charlie Brown Christmas (1965)
Current progress - 36%  , Total progress - 0%   
Current progress - 1%  , Total progress - 0%   
Current progress - 2%  , Total progress - 0%   
Current progress - 2%  , Total progress - 1%   
Current progress - 6%  , Total progress - 1%   
Current progress - 6%  , Total progress - 3%   
Current progress - 7%  , Total progress - 3%   
Current progress - 7%  , Total progress - 4%   
Current progress - 8%  , Total progress - 4%   
Current progress - 9%  , Total progress - 4%   
Current progress - 9%  , Total progress - 5%   
Current progress - 10%  , Total progress - 5%   
Current progress - 11%  , Total progress - 5%   
Current progress - 11%  , Total progress - 6%   
Current progress - 12%  , Total progress - 6%   
Current progress - 13%  , Total progress - 6%   
Current progress - 13%  , Total progress - 7%   
Current progress - 17%  , Total progress - 7%   
Current progress - 17%  , Total progress - 9%   
Current progress - 18%  , Total progress - 9%   
Current progress - 19%  , Total progress - 9%   
Current progress - 19%  , Total progress - 10%   
Current progress - 20%  , Total progress - 10%   
Current progress - 21%  , Total progress - 10%   
Current progress - 21%  , Total progress - 11%   
Current progress - 22%  , Total progress - 11%   
Current progress - 23%  , Total progress - 11%   
Current progress - 23%  , Total progress - 12%   
Current progress - 24%  , Total progress - 12%   
Current progress - 27%  , Total progress - 12%   
Current progress - 27%  , Total progress - 14%   
Current progress - 28%  , Total progress - 14%   
Current progress - 28%  , Total progress - 15%   
Current progress - 29%  , Total progress - 15%   
Current progress - 30%  , Total progress - 15%   
Current progress - 30%  , Total progress - 16%   
Current progress - 31%  , Total progress - 16%   
Current progress - 32%  , Total progress - 16%   
Current progress - 32%  , Total progress - 17%   
Current progress - 37%  , Total progress - 17%   
Current progress - 37%  , Total progress - 19%   
Current progress - 38%  , Total progress - 19%   
Current progress - 38%  , Total progress - 20%   
Current progress - 39%  , Total progress - 20%   
Current progress - 40%  , Total progress - 20%   
Current progress - 40%  , Total progress - 21%   
Current progress - 41%  , Total progress - 21%   
Current progress - 42%  , Total progress - 21%   
Current progress - 42%  , Total progress - 22%   
Current progress - 43%  , Total progress - 22%   
Current progress - 44%  , Total progress - 22%   
Current progress - 47%  , Total progress - 22%   
Current progress - 47%  , Total progress - 24%   
Current progress - 48%  , Total progress - 24%   
Current progress - 48%  , Total progress - 25%   
Current progress - 49%  , Total progress - 25%   
Current progress - 49%  , Total progress - 26%   
Current progress - 50%  , Total progress - 26%   
Current progress - 51%  , Total progress - 26%   
Current progress - 51%  , Total progress - 27%   
Current progress - 52%  , Total progress - 27%   
Current progress - 55%  , Total progress - 27%   
Current progress - 55%  , Total progress - 29%   
Current progress - 56%  , Total progress - 29%   
Current progress - 57%  , Total progress - 29%   
Current progress - 57%  , Total progress - 30%   
Current progress - 58%  , Total progress - 30%   
Current progress - 59%  , Total progress - 30%   
Current progress - 59%  , Total progress - 31%   
Current progress - 60%  , Total progress - 31%   
Current progress - 61%  , Total progress - 31%   
Current progress - 61%  , Total progress - 32%   
Current progress - 62%  , Total progress - 32%   
Current progress - 63%  , Total progress - 32%   
Current progress - 63%  , Total progress - 33%   
Current progress - 64%  , Total progress - 33%   
Current progress - 65%  , Total progress - 33%   
Current progress - 65%  , Total progress - 34%   
Current progress - 66%  , Total progress - 34%   
Current progress - 67%  , Total progress - 34%   
Current progress - 67%  , Total progress - 35%   
Current progress - 68%  , Total progress - 35%   
Current progress - 68%  , Total progress - 36%   
Current progress - 69%  , Total progress - 36%   
Current progress - 70%  , Total progress - 36%   
Current progress - 70%  , Total progress - 37%   
Current progress - 71%  , Total progress - 37%   
Current progress - 72%  , Total progress - 37%   
Current progress - 73%  , Total progress - 37%   
Current progress - 73%  , Total progress - 38%   
Current progress - 74%  , Total progress - 38%   
Current progress - 75%  , Total progress - 38%   
Current progress - 75%  , Total progress - 39%   
Current progress - 76%  , Total progress - 39%   
Current progress - 76%  , Total progress - 40%   
Current progress - 77%  , Total progress - 40%   
Current progress - 78%  , Total progress - 40%   
Current progress - 78%  , Total progress - 41%   
Current progress - 79%  , Total progress - 41%   
Current progress - 82%  , Total progress - 41%   
Current progress - 82%  , Total progress - 42%   
Current progress - 82%  , Total progress - 43%   
Current progress - 83%  , Total progress - 43%   
Current progress - 84%  , Total progress - 43%   
Current progress - 84%  , Total progress - 44%   
Current progress - 85%  , Total progress - 44%   
Current progress - 88%  , Total progress - 44%   
Current progress - 88%  , Total progress - 46%   
Current progress - 89%  , Total progress - 46%   
Current progress - 90%  , Total progress - 46%   
Current progress - 90%  , Total progress - 47%   
Current progress - 91%  , Total progress - 47%   
Current progress - 92%  , Total progress - 47%   
Current progress - 92%  , Total progress - 48%   
Current progress - 93%  , Total progress - 48%   
Current progress - 93%  , Total progress - 49%   
Current progress - 94%  , Total progress - 49%   
Current progress - 96%  , Total progress - 49%   
Current progress - 96%  , Total progress - 50%   
Current progress - 97%  , Total progress - 50%   
Current progress - 97%  , Total progress - 51%   
Current progress - 98%  , Total progress - 51%   
Current progress - 99%  , Total progress - 51%   
Current progress - 99%  , Total progress - 52%   
Current progress - 100%  , Total progress - 52%   
Current progress - 0%  , Total progress - 52%   
Current progress - 9%  , Total progress - 52%   
Current progress - 36%  , Total progress - 52%   
Current progress - 54%  , Total progress - 52%   
Current progress - 0%  , Total progress - 52%   
Current progress - 1%  , Total progress - 52%   
Current progress - 1%  , Total progress - 53%   
Current progress - 2%  , Total progress - 53%   
Current progress - 3%  , Total progress - 53%   
Current progress - 3%  , Total progress - 54%   
Current progress - 4%  , Total progress - 54%   
Current progress - 5%  , Total progress - 54%   
Current progress - 5%  , Total progress - 55%   
Current progress - 6%  , Total progress - 55%   
Current progress - 7%  , Total progress - 55%   
Current progress - 7%  , Total progress - 56%   
Current progress - 8%  , Total progress - 56%   
Current progress - 9%  , Total progress - 56%   
Current progress - 10%  , Total progress - 56%   
Current progress - 10%  , Total progress - 57%   
Current progress - 11%  , Total progress - 57%   
Current progress - 12%  , Total progress - 57%   
Current progress - 12%  , Total progress - 58%   
Current progress - 13%  , Total progress - 58%   
Current progress - 14%  , Total progress - 58%   
Current progress - 14%  , Total progress - 59%   
Current progress - 15%  , Total progress - 59%   
Current progress - 16%  , Total progress - 59%   
Current progress - 16%  , Total progress - 60%   
Current progress - 17%  , Total progress - 60%   
Current progress - 18%  , Total progress - 60%   
Current progress - 18%  , Total progress - 61%   
Current progress - 19%  , Total progress - 61%   
Current progress - 20%  , Total progress - 61%   
Current progress - 20%  , Total progress - 62%   
Current progress - 21%  , Total progress - 62%   
Current progress - 22%  , Total progress - 62%   
Current progress - 22%  , Total progress - 63%   
Current progress - 23%  , Total progress - 63%   
Current progress - 24%  , Total progress - 63%   
Current progress - 24%  , Total progress - 64%   
Current progress - 25%  , Total progress - 64%   
Current progress - 26%  , Total progress - 64%   
Current progress - 26%  , Total progress - 65%   
Current progress - 27%  , Total progress - 65%   
Current progress - 28%  , Total progress - 65%   
Current progress - 28%  , Total progress - 66%   
Current progress - 29%  , Total progress - 66%   
Current progress - 30%  , Total progress - 66%   
Current progress - 30%  , Total progress - 67%   
Current progress - 31%  , Total progress - 67%   
Current progress - 32%  , Total progress - 67%   
Current progress - 33%  , Total progress - 67%   
Current progress - 33%  , Total progress - 68%   
Current progress - 34%  , Total progress - 68%   
Current progress - 35%  , Total progress - 68%   
Current progress - 35%  , Total progress - 69%   
Current progress - 36%  , Total progress - 69%   
Current progress - 37%  , Total progress - 69%   
Current progress - 37%  , Total progress - 70%   
Current progress - 38%  , Total progress - 70%   
Current progress - 39%  , Total progress - 70%   
Current progress - 39%  , Total progress - 71%   
Current progress - 40%  , Total progress - 71%   
Current progress - 41%  , Total progress - 71%   
Current progress - 41%  , Total progress - 72%   
Current progress - 42%  , Total progress - 72%   
Current progress - 43%  , Total progress - 72%   
Current progress - 44%  , Total progress - 72%   
Current progress - 44%  , Total progress - 73%   
Current progress - 45%  , Total progress - 73%   
Current progress - 46%  , Total progress - 73%   
Current progress - 46%  , Total progress - 74%   
Current progress - 47%  , Total progress - 74%   
Current progress - 48%  , Total progress - 74%   
Current progress - 48%  , Total progress - 75%   
Current progress - 49%  , Total progress - 75%   
Current progress - 50%  , Total progress - 75%   
Current progress - 50%  , Total progress - 76%   
Current progress - 51%  , Total progress - 76%   
Current progress - 51%  , Total progress - 77%   
Current progress - 52%  , Total progress - 77%   
Current progress - 53%  , Total progress - 77%   
Current progress - 54%  , Total progress - 77%   
Current progress - 54%  , Total progress - 78%   
Current progress - 55%  , Total progress - 78%   
Current progress - 56%  , Total progress - 78%   
Current progress - 56%  , Total progress - 79%   
Current progress - 57%  , Total progress - 79%   
Current progress - 58%  , Total progress - 79%   
Current progress - 58%  , Total progress - 80%   
Current progress - 59%  , Total progress - 80%   
Current progress - 63%  , Total progress - 80%   
Current progress - 63%  , Total progress - 82%   
Current progress - 64%  , Total progress - 82%   
Current progress - 64%  , Total progress - 83%   
Current progress - 65%  , Total progress - 83%   
Current progress - 66%  , Total progress - 83%   
Current progress - 66%  , Total progress - 84%   
Current progress - 67%  , Total progress - 84%   
Current progress - 68%  , Total progress - 84%   
Current progress - 68%  , Total progress - 85%   
Current progress - 69%  , Total progress - 85%   
Current progress - 70%  , Total progress - 85%   
Current progress - 70%  , Total progress - 86%   
Current progress - 75%  , Total progress - 86%   
Current progress - 75%  , Total progress - 88%   
Current progress - 76%  , Total progress - 88%   
Current progress - 76%  , Total progress - 89%   
Current progress - 77%  , Total progress - 89%   
Current progress - 78%  , Total progress - 89%   
Current progress - 79%  , Total progress - 89%   
Current progress - 79%  , Total progress - 90%   
Current progress - 80%  , Total progress - 90%   
Current progress - 81%  , Total progress - 90%   
Current progress - 81%  , Total progress - 91%   
Current progress - 82%  , Total progress - 91%   
Current progress - 86%  , Total progress - 91%   
Current progress - 86%  , Total progress - 93%   
Current progress - 87%  , Total progress - 93%   
Current progress - 87%  , Total progress - 94%   
Current progress - 88%  , Total progress - 94%   
Current progress - 89%  , Total progress - 94%   
Current progress - 89%  , Total progress - 95%   
Current progress - 90%  , Total progress - 95%   
Current progress - 91%  , Total progress - 95%   
Current progress - 91%  , Total progress - 96%   
Current progress - 92%  , Total progress - 96%   
Current progress - 95%  , Total progress - 96%   
Current progress - 95%  , Total progress - 97%   
Current progress - 95%  , Total progress - 98%   
Current progress - 96%  , Total progress - 98%   
Current progress - 97%  , Total progress - 98%   
Current progress - 98%  , Total progress - 98%   
Current progress - 98%  , Total progress - 99%   
Current progress - 99%  , Total progress - 99%   
Current progress - 100%  , Total progress - 99%   
2 titles saved
Copy complete. 2 titles saved.

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
Here is the makemkvcon log after a successful completion running it in manual mode in terminal. Since it was successful in both makemkv gui and makemkvcon manually wouldn't it stand to reason that the problem lies with Batch Encode since it only failed when ran through Batch Encode?

I'll take a look and compare the logs. The thing is the error is coming from makemkvcon's output, not the script. Terminal is just showing makemkv's log. I suggested trying the MakeMKV forum, because they would know why the error's occurring.

doccelo

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2009
I have posted over in the makemkv forums and also directed them here. Hopefully someone over there can shed some light on what might be happening. I posted in the makemkv for osx section in case you want to follow along. Just waiting for one of the mods to approve the post.

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
I have posted over in the makemkv forums and also directed them here. Hopefully someone over there can shed some light on what might be happening. I posted in the makemkv for osx section in case you want to follow along. Just waiting for one of the mods to approve the post.

I looked at the logs, and minus the error, I didn't see anything else really different between them. The only difference I can see is that the command I gave you for makemkvcon is using the "all" title selection and the script uses specific title selection.

One thing I'd like you to try is changing "all" in the manual cli command to "0". This is the title selection. It should not be quoted, but have a space before and after. Also try it with a "1" instead of "0".

doccelo

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2009
I looked at the logs, and minus the error, I didn't see anything else really different between them. The only difference I can see is that the command I gave you for makemkvcon is using the "all" title selection and the script uses specific title selection.

One thing I'd like you to try is changing "all" in the manual cli command to "0". This is the title selection. It should not be quoted, but have a space before and after. Also try it with a "1" instead of "0".

Trying it with a "0" was successful. Trying with "1" was also successful. Both created mkvs with no errors.

----------

I think I've made some progress!

I had a feeling this could be a folder permissions problem and so chmod'ed the parent movie folder and its contents to 777 and that seemed to solve the problem! What I don't understand is why batch encode (finder) would differ from running makemkvcon manually and fail with one but not the other. Changing folder permissions seemed to do the trick though.

Any ideas?

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
Trying it with a "0" was successful. Trying with "1" was also successful. Both created mkvs with no errors.

----------

I think I've made some progress!

I had a feeling this could be a folder permissions problem and so chmod'ed the parent movie folder and its contents to 777 and that seemed to solve the problem! What I don't understand is why batch encode (finder) would differ from running makemkvcon manually and fail with one but not the other. Changing folder permissions seemed to do the trick though.

Any ideas?

Hey Doc,

I'm glad you figured it out. I had read on the MakeMKV forum that for some, the error message was related to permissions, but didn't think that was your problem since it was able to write the title info. Plus you tried it on another hard disk, so I ruled that out. Batch Encode and makemkvcon should be executing at the user lever, so they should have the same permissions. It might be helpful to know what user had ownership (administrator, system, you, ???), and which directory had the read-only attribute (parent, child, or the VIDEO_TS folder itself). In any case I added the error to the error reporting in the script, so if someone has the same issue it will show in the Batch Encode output.

I suggest running a command to recursively change all the permissions on the directory.

Let me know if you need help with the command.

Thanks!

mac.jedi

doccelo

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2009
Hey Doc,

I'm glad you figured it out. I had read on the MakeMKV forum that for some, the error message was related to permissions, but didn't think that was your problem since it was able to write the title info. Plus you tried it on another hard disk, so I ruled that out. Batch Encode and makemkvcon should be executing at the user lever, so they should have the same permissions. It might be helpful to know what user had ownership (administrator, system, you, ???), and which directory had the read-only attribute (parent, child, or the VIDEO_TS folder itself). In any case I added the error to the error reporting in the script, so if someone has the same issue it will show in the Batch Encode output.

I suggest running a command to recursively change all the permissions on the directory.

Let me know if you need help with the command.

Thanks!

mac.jedi

The parent "American" folder and the child "movie" folder had a permission of 755 (Owner had read/write/execute, group had read/execute, and everyone had read/execute - drwxr-xr-x). The VIDEO_TS folder had 555 (Owner, Group, and Everyone had read/execute -- dr-xr-xr-x). So I guess the problem lies with the VIDEO_TS. Still strange that for some reason the system was giving permission to makemkvcon manually but not through the batch encode script. Maybe it's a security feature of OS X Mavericks??

I changed the permissions on all the folders last night to 777 (I guess I should have tried 755 first but I was wanting to leave a batch going overnight and didn't want to wake up to any problems) using Finder's "Get info" command and then the "apply to enclosed items" command located in the drop down gear icon. I did this on the main "American" folder that contains all my movie folders so then it would change permissions on all child movie and video_ts folders...for those reading this and are wondering how I did it.

I also started a large batch last night of around 130 movies and woke up this morning and it's still churning and all seems good.

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
ANNOUNCEMENT: BATCH RIP ACTIONS UPDATED to 1.1.1 build 280

ANNOUNCEMENT: BATCH RIP ACTIONS UPDATED

Update 2013-12-01

Release Notes
Batch Rip Actions for Automator 1.1.1

RECOMMENDED: Before upgrading, it is recommended that you uninstall and remove any previous versions.

IMPORTANT: This update includes new Service workflows. You will need to install the new workflows in order to complete the update.

1.1.1 build 280
  • Provides general fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility and functionality of Batch Rip Actions for Automator
  • New Batch Encode Event Scheduler! Replaces the iCal event scheduler. Easily setup a daily schedule to automatically run Batch Encode at the time you set
  • Movie tagging has been updated to support The Movie Database APIv3!
  • New Help via the Help menu and Mac's Help Center
  • Sadly, Fairmount is no longer supported by the developers. A working binary is now included in the application bundle.
  • libdvdcss library is now mandatory, replaces the need for VLC. A download link is provided in the download menu.
  • Updated to support Mac OS X Notification Center. Growl is still supported, but may not support all new features.
  • Other things that I've already forgotten about

Batch Encode (Updated)
  • VLC is no longer supported by HandBrake for decryption, libdvdcss library is now manditory. Link provided in the download menu.
  • Added support to burn-in blu-ray PGS subtitles via HandBrakeCLI. BDSub2Sup has been deprecated in this version.
  • MKVtoolnix chapter, sub and audio extract/muxing has been deprecated in this version. HandBrake and MakeMKV have got it handled.
  • Encode 1 now includes a unique preset called MakeMKV that will create an MKV file from optical and folder sources using MakeMKV. The resulting MKV file will be used as the source for Encode Targets 2-4. Useful if you'd like an uncompressed MKV file that includes all audio and subtitle tracks.

• Added Alternate Language option. Useful for those who desire more language options. Also used as a fallback when Native Language is not available.

• Added! Default Audio Track Selection:
    • Default Audio: sets the default audio track to the source's "default" audio track. Useful for films where the main audio differs from your native language. Like if the main audio is Japanese and you want English subtitles.
    • Native Language: selects an audio track (if available) that matches the native language preference set in the workflow. If an audio track is not available in your native language, it will try to find one that matches the alternate language preference set in the workflow. If neither are available, it will fallback to the title's default audio track.
  • Added! Additional Audio Track Selection:
    Batch Encode will now include additional audio tracks if selected.
    • Native Language: Selects all audio tracks in your native language.
    • Alternate Language: Selects all audio tracks in your alternate language.
    • Native & Alternate: Selects all audio tracks in your native and alternate language.
    • All Tracks: Selects all audio tracks audio available regardless of language.
    • Mixdown: Will mixdown additional tracks to 2-channel DPL2 for a smaller file size. If disabled, any selected multi-channel tracks will be passed-through as AC3.
  • Added! Burn-in Subtitle Track Selection:
    The Burn-in option will burn-in subtitle tracks that match the language preference set in the action. Burned in subtitles are written on top of the image permanently.
    • None: Will not burn any subtitle track.
    • Auto Detect: Burns in forced-only subtitles (if available) in your native language for short foreign language segments. Additionally, if the default audio track language is different from your native language, will burn in subtitles in your native language (if available).
    • Forced Only (Native): Burns in forced-only subtitles (if available) in your native language.
    • Native Language: Burns in subtitles in your native language (if available) regardless of the default audio track language.
    Note: Only 1 subtitle track can be burned-in to the video. Additonal text-based subtitles can be passed-through. See the HandBrake wiki for more info.
  • Added! Pass-thru Subtitle Track Selection:
    The Pass-Thru option will pass-thru "text-based" subtitle tracks that match the language preference set in the action.
    • Native Language: Selects all audio tracks in your native language.
    • Alternate Language: Selects all audio tracks in your alternate language.
    • Native & Alternate: Selects all audio tracks in your native and alternate language.
    • All Tracks: Selects all audio tracks audio available regardless of language.
    Note: Due to mp4 file limititations and HandBrake capabilities, picture-based subtitles cannot be passed-through. They can however be burned-in, but only 1 track can be burned-in to the video. See the HandBrake wiki for more info.
  • Updated Encode targets and presets.
  • Updated to support Mac OS X Notification Center.

Batch Rip (Updated)
  • Sadly, Fairmount is no longer supported by the developers. A working binary is now included in the application bundle.
  • libdvdcss library is now manditory, replaces the need for VLC. A download link is provided in the download menu.

Add Movie Tags (Updated)
  • Updated to support The Movie Database APIv3.

Add Movie Poster (Updated)
  • Updated to support The Movie Database APIv3.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Cheers!

mac.jedi

Last edited:
Reactions: Nasom

paradise2012

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2013
Batch Encode deleted my Movies folder

Hi Mac.Jedi, I found this page a couple months ago, dug in then stalled worried that it was another "stale" project. Tonight I dug in again, and happened so see that there were 50+ more pages of comments, including many by you, and as current as today! So I'm really psyched you're still nursing this awesome project, and thanks!

Unfortunately I have an issue already. I just installed your most recent version, following the current instructions, on a mac mini running 10.8.5. I inserted a Thor BD and the rip worked well. I right clicked on the rip folder and chose the Encode service. It failed in several ways then deleted my Movies folder!! Gone, not even in the trash!! At the risk of making an insanely long post, I'll include the shell session here:

Last login: Mon Dec 2 00:16:21 on ttys000
Todds-MacMini:~ todd$ /Users/todd/Library/Application\ Support/Batch\ Rip/batchEncodeTmp.sh ; exit;

Processing Args passed from Batch Encode (Service).workflow
--verboseLog 1 --movieSearchDir /Users/todd/Movies/Batch:Rip:Movies --tvSearchDir /Users/todd/Movies/Batch:Rip:TV --outputDir /Users/todd/Movies/Batch:Encode --handBrakeCliPath /Applications/HandBrakeCLI --makemkvPath /Applications/MakeMKV.app --minTrackTimeTV 20 --maxTrackTimeTV 120 --minTrackTimeMovie 80 --maxTrackTimeMovie 180 --nativeLanguage eng --alternateLanguage none --useDefaultAudioTrack Default@Audio --addAdditionalAudioTracks None --useBurnedSubtitleTrack Auto@Detect --usePassthruSubtitleTracks None --mixdownAltTracks 1 --encode_1 1 --encode_2 0 --encode_3 0 --encode_4 0 --ignoreOptical 1 --growlMe 0 --videoKindOverride Movie --addiTunesTags 1 --retireExistingFile 0 --libraryFolder no:selection --retiredFolder no:selection --customArgs1 no@selection --customArgs2 no@selection --customArgs3 no@selection --customArgs4 no@selection --preset1 AppleTV@3 --preset2 Universal --preset3 AppleTV@2 --preset4 Universal /Users/todd/Movies/Batch:Rip:Movies

WARNING: HandBrakeCLI is currently listed as QUARANTINED because it's an application downloaded from the Internet. Will attempt to authorize, but Action may fail if the OS prevents the app from launching.

WARNING: mp4tags is currently listed as QUARANTINED because it's an application downloaded from the Internet. Will attempt to authorize, but Action may fail if the OS prevents the app from launching.

WARNING: AtomicParsley is currently listed as QUARANTINED because it's an application downloaded from the Internet. Will attempt to authorize, but Action may fail if the OS prevents the app from launching.

WARNING: SublerCLI is currently listed as QUARANTINED because it's an application downloaded from the Internet. Will attempt to authorize, but Action may fail if the OS prevents the app from launching.

WARNING: jq is currently listed as QUARANTINED because it's an application downloaded from the Internet. Will attempt to authorize, but Action may fail if the OS prevents the app from launching.

batchEncode.sh v1.1.1 (280)

Start: Mon Dec 2 01:12:53 PST 2013
Input directory 1: /Users/todd/Movies/Batch Rip Movies
Input directory 2: /Users/todd/Movies/Batch Rip TV
Output directory: /Users/todd/Movies/Batch Encode
Use MakeMKV: No
Auto-add movie tags: Yes
Encode Movies between: 80-180 mins
Native Language: eng
Alternate Language: none
Add Additional Audio Tracks: No
Mixdown Additional Audio Tracks to 2CH: Yes
Burn-in Subtitle Track: Yes (Auto Detect)
Pass-thru Subtitle Tracks: No
Will Encode: Encode 1/AppleTV 3

VERBOSE MODE

sed: 1: "s|\/Batch Rip Movies
.B ...": unterminated substitute pattern
Batch Rip Movies
.Batch
Rip
Movies : (Movie)

PROCESSING: Batch Rip Movies
.Batch
Rip
Movies

*Scanning File: 'Batch Rip Movies
.Batch
Rip
Movies'

ERROR: No tracks found or failed to scan source.
Check source files and application settings in Automator.
* ERROR: Batch Rip Movies
.Batch
Rip
Movies FAILED during processing!

PROCESSING COMPLETE: Batch Rip Movies
.Batch
Rip
Movies
24:36: syntax error: Expected end of line but found identifier. (-2741)

End: Mon Dec 2 01:13:00 PST 2013

logout

[Process completed]

-------------

The folder was empty except for the Thor rip, so no big loss this time around, but I am concerned about going forward...

Thanks in advance!
t

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.