how to best get a powerbook g4 since macbook

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by lancebug, Jan 11, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

I was about to buy a new powerbook when the macbooks were announced. Thing is I still want the powerbook. The reasons vary (2x firewires is one). Another is I want to get a pricebreak and I dont want to cope with buggy software and upgrade issues. My real POINT is this: how and where (and when) to get the best price now on a g4 15" (M9969LLA). Certainly they cant stay up at $1.9k-$2k now that the mactel books are out. Any ideas?

2. macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You know, for the next few months, yes the PBs will stay at the same price as the MacTels.

3. macrumors 6502a

ieani

The best place is prob here, from some broke bloke, who simply cannot wait for the cash to get his hands on a new Macbook pro.

4. macrumors 6502

I have a brand new 17" model if you are interested in buying it for $1800 we have a deal :)

5. macrumors 601

ITASOR

Yeah, check out the marketplace. I've seen two for around $1400+shipping and one even lower!

6. macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

7. macrumors 6502a

spencecb

I have a 1 GHz G4 15" Aluminum PowerBook that I am considering selling. I used it as my primary computer for a bout a year, until I bought my iMac G5, now I rarely use the PowerBook. Interested in it?