how to bring back original expose ?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by rock6079, Aug 5, 2004.

1. rock6079 macrumors 6502

any way to bring back the way expose used to work. by this i mean how it workedi n pre releases of osx where f11 but the windwos totally outside of the desktop so you could not see them instead of having a little bit of the window ther ?

2. Catfish_Man macrumors 68030

Catfish_Man

Can't be done. I liked it that way too, but apparently Apple decided it was too scary to new users to have all their stuff disappear completely with no indication of where it might be. Also, in the future you'll be more likely to get coherent replies if you take the time to make your post semi-coherent.

3. MikeLaRiviere macrumors regular

I understood exactly what he meant, I just didn't know the answer. I'm sure everyone else who read the thread feels the same way. I realize I am being hypocritical here, but why you would take the time to criticize his/her grammatical style rather than provide a helpful answer is beyond me.

Original poster: keep your eye on VersionTracker.com. I didn't see anything, but you might find something there.

Mike LaRiviere

4. HenMaster6000 macrumors regular

I don't know if this is relevant, but if you're just interested in shaking things up in expose I remember reading about a simple one line mod that brought up a blue orb, that when clicked, made expose work. There was also the beginnings of a "multiple desktops" feature used to compress your desktop into a small box on the desktop.

I don't remember where I saw it. :confused:

5. mikeyredk macrumors 65816

When I do the expose to desktop the Windows users wonder where all of the windows go. Even though there is a slight window showing there but they don't see the windows around the side.

6. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

I have to agree here - although the extremity of the earlier response is a bit much. Let's keep things civil please.

7. MikeLaRiviere macrumors regular

The orb is on VersionTracker.com. Just search for "Expose" and the last result (of six, if I remember correctly) is the one you want.

Mike LaRiviere

8. rock6079 thread starter macrumors 6502

thank u