How to burn an audio DVD

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by willybNL, Feb 17, 2007.

1. willybNL macrumors 6502

Using only iTunes, iDvd or a free software program (thus not roxio toast)... can I create an audio dvd?

Because iTunes only supports data-dvd for what it looks like.
    iDvd only supports video-dvd's...
    And I can't find any freeware to do the trick for me. But I don't want to buy roxio toast.

Google's giving me lots of freeware stuff for non-osx systems... but I need to do this inside osx.

2. CaptainHaddock macrumors 6502

I don't think you'll find freeware on any platform for making DVD-audio discs, if that's what you're talking about. The format never took off, thanks to DRM and hardware issues, and very few people have players.

DiscWelder is probably your cheapest bet at $99. Roxio Toast does not make DVD-audio discs (although I think it can make video DVDs that have only audio and dummy video tracks).

3. willybNL thread starter macrumors 6502

Software like http://www.audio-dvd-creator.com/nl/index.htm indeed makes a video-dvd with audio, but that is ok. Its just that I can burn audio onto the dvd and play it on any dvd-player. And for as far I can see that's not possible with the standard iLife package... (please correct me if i'm wrong).

The reason I can not buy the software is I need it instantly (and do not have CC).

Thus: is there a way... or is there sharware?

4. MikeDH macrumors newbie

Burning DVD Audio

I downloaded a program for Mac called BURN. It works well and is easy to use. I hope this works for you. See the below link and note the green download button in the lower right of the home page. There are a couple of options depending on your operating system.

http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/Pages/English/home.html

5. OLDCODGER macrumors 6502a

Download SimplyBurns from MacUpdate - it's free and works fine for audio.

6. Dave Braine macrumors 68030

Dave Braine

I think the OP might have moved on from this after 6 years. :D Just curious, how did you come across this after 6 years?

7. palmharbor macrumors 6502

using mac of music

I have used the mac without any additional software to burn music on a DVD/.
    I think I selected dvd...if that does not work, try music. But I am certain it works save your money