How To Burn At 1X Speed

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by judakubassek, Feb 2, 2009.

1. macrumors newbie

judakubassek

Burning at the slowest speeds possible has always been my goal - I simply get better compatibility when it comes to audio CDs. However, I do not know how to slow down the burn speed on my iMac. I am using Toast 10, and I can select 1x speed, but the CDs still burn at 8x. How can I change this?

2. macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I'm not sure about version 10, but in v9 you can go to "Recorder > Recorder Settings" and under the 'Basic" tab you can set the write speed. I don't know why they would remove such a feature (although I've heard v10 doesn't encode DivX anymore, it only burns them).

Attached Files:

3. macrumors 65816

crazycat

I will really recommend getting Toast, it is the best burner available nothing on a PC comes close or a Mac.

If you would like some extra options for free you can get Burn which is something i keep using more and more, it is found here:

http://burn-osx.sourceforge.net/

It has all the options you seek, enjoy.

4. macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Ah I see, you select 1 but it's still burning at 8, that's strange. Is it only with Toast? Does it do it with iTunes too?

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

judakubassek

I didn't know I could burn with iTunes. I'll give it and Burn a try tonight and let you know. I strongly suspect that they won't work, though, since Leopard's built-in burning software won't go slower either.

6. thread starter macrumors newbie

judakubassek

Hello again, I tried to burn with iTunes, and I chose 1X speed, but it still burned at 8X. The free Burn program didn't even give me a speed option lower than 8X. Is there no way to slow it down?