How to buy in Korea ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ksubox, Jun 14, 2004.

1. ksubox macrumors newbie

Dear friends!

I've really got problem:
    I want to buy eMac 1.25GHz with ENGLISH MacOS & Application,
    but right now I'm working in South Korea and I'll stay here more than 1 year.
    I checked all Apple distributors around - noone has 1.25 eMac yet and noone can sell ENGLISH OS !!! I already sent mail to Korean Apple branch office, but no reply.

Could somebody help me by any advice ?

Serguei

2. 0s and 1s macrumors 6502a

0s and 1s

I have the OS 10.3 dvd that came in my new PB box. I could sell it to you for $35.

3. Fukui macrumors 68000

Fukui

Um, open system preferences and choose international (looks like U.N flag), drag the English label to the top, logout-login, boom, all English.

4. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

yep, it isn't like windows where you actually have to buy the english windows cd ;)

5. floatingspirit macrumors 6502

I hope that's a joke!

6. ksubox thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you guys, you were my only hopes !!!

Could you ask one more question ?

eMac includes many software (iMovie, iDvd, and so on).
    Can I turn this software into english (menu, helps, ...) the same way ?

Sorry for stupid questions, but I never touched Mac before, just dreamed.

7. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

ichat,safari,idvd,imovie,iphoto, and sorta ical work that way.

you will also have to work with the perefernce menu under the international icon. remember to select your keyboad type to. if you don't have a standard US keyboard layout and select the USA keyboard layout you won't have the luxuary of looking at the correct symbols on the keyboard. for the most part they are close. you will also probably want to change the date, time and measurements formats as well.

8. Coolvirus007 macrumors regular

All your programs will have English menus. It depends on the actual program for its GUI language. Although the some of the start up files may still be in korean, it doesn't really affect anything. I bought a pb in tokyo and I use the all english settings without any problem with english software.

As floatingspirit mentioned, I hope that the dude offering you the panther dvd was just joking - or it was the worst piece of the advise in the time I have been a member of this site.