How to bypass safari popup blocker without disabling it...

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jmsait19, Aug 26, 2005.

1. jmsait19 macrumors 6502

My schools website that they use to access email and calendars and crap tells me to disable my pop up blocker that safari has...

the problem is that i dont want to disable it everytime i go to this site...

i looked around to see if there was somewhere i could allow just certain sites to pass it, but found nothing...

did i not look hard enough??
    does anyone know of a solution to this?

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Sorry. I think you'd better try another browser when you're at school. Firefox has a "block popups except from these sites" feature, where you can add your school's domain and/or IP.

Firefox is a bit sluggish on Tiger, but that's temporary, the latest version, DeerPark alpha 2, is blazing. :)

Disclaimer: Long time Firefox user, now "switched" back to Safari with Tiger. But waiting in excitement for FF 1.5. ;)

3. jmsait19 thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm...thats unfortunate. apple needs to add that feature, cause i really like safari and don't want to switch to a different browser.

4. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

I know that at the University of Texas and at Harvard University they require you to disable popup blocking so that a little window with info about your status can popup just after you log in. I always hit command-K (disable popup blocking), log in. Then, when it's done logging me in, I just hit command-K again to reenable the popup blocking.

Perhaps your school's network works the same way...?

5. jmsait19 thread starter macrumors 6502

of course... why didnt i think of that...

im all about keyboard shortcuts! i was just annoyed by the fact that i was going to have to go into the menu and click it, but since you've reminded of the shortcut, ill be fine...

im pretty sure its just a little window, cause i see it popup and then go away or something...

so the keyboard shortcut will do for now.

thanks,
    calf

6. mac-er macrumors 65816

Pith Helmet will allow you to configure a specific website to allow pop-ups with disabling manually everytime you visit a site.

7. stevietheb macrumors 6502a

stevietheb

That sounds like a good option too...