how to cancel ATT ipad 2 data plan?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by zxcvb, Apr 8, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

zxcvb

Hi, I bought two ipad2 at ATT website for me and a friend. ATT did not charge data plan yet. How do I cancel Data plan so that my friend won't be able to use 3G data at cost of mine???? Do I need to do anything?

thanks a lot

2. macrumors 68000

azentropy

If you never activated it you don't need to do anything. If you did, you need to cancel it via the iPad.

3. macrumors regular

Unless you placed them on your existing AT&T account. In which case, just call AT&T and cancel your data plan on it.

4. macrumors 6502

5. macrumors 6502

DynaFXD

Holy 5417. I am getting old. I actually did it the old fashioned way by calling up ATT.:eek: I then cancelled the account the same way. Never thought that those functions would be buried in the settings menu, neat.

6. macrumors regular

LMAO!! Mine is actually on my account so I have to call, it doesn't work through settings.

7. macrumors member

I got my ipad2 through att online and signed up for data plan. Now when I go on settings>cellular Data>view Account , window comes up saying "Your account type does not support the view account feature" what does this mean?? Do I have a data plan or not???