How to change Genre

Discussion in 'iPod' started by candycane, Dec 3, 2005.

1. candycane macrumors newbie

Hi

I have two genres in genre list Sound Track and Soundtrack, now I want to change all Sound Track ones to Soundtrack is there any easy way to do this instead of 'Get Info' method.

Thanks

2. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Well ... Get Info is easiest.

Select ALL songs with Sound Track, Get Info and then write Soundtrack for genre. This will change the genre for all tracks.

3. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

Go into your Library. Press the 'Browse' button at the top left-hand corner of the iTunes window. Now you should see three lists: Genre, Artist and Album. In the Genre list, select Sound Track. This will filter out everything except tracks with the 'Sound Track' genre. Now Select All (Command + A), then Get Info (Command + I), then type in Soundtrack into the Genre field.

:)

4. candycane thread starter macrumors newbie

I have many tracks to convert to Soundtrack. Get Info is time consuming. Can change from source where the info is stored

Thanks for your help

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

okay, so go to the ones that are called "Sound Track" highlight them all at once and get info. change the genre, and this will affect them all.

6. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

As explained, you can do Get Info on all your tracks at once, which saves time. Look at the above posts for a couple different methods of how.

The actual info is stored in the ID3 tags of the file; I don't know a way of changing it other than Get Info, and whatever way there is (if there is any) would be far more time consuming.

Edit: Wow, three people posting simultaneously. Haven't seen that one before. :)

7. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

You can use Get Info on more than one track simultaneously.

Sort your library by Genre, Highlight all the tracks with the genre Sound Track, select Get Info, and change the genre. It will change for all the highlighted tracks simultaneously.