How to change to different itunes account on iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bluelondon, Sep 15, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

i used to have a UK itunes account since i lived in london, but last year i moved to the states. and since all my funds are now in US banks i had to make a new itunes account with a US credit card, but i can't find a way to change the itunes account on my iphone. it remains as the UK one. is there any way to remove that account and add a new itunes account on my phone too?

thanks all

2. macrumors 65816

trekkie604

If you log into your US iTMS account through iTunes, then sync it should change the account on your phone. At least it works for me when I need to switch between my Canadian and US accounts...

3. thread starter macrumors regular

oh good idea, didn't think of that. i'll try now.

4. macrumors 6502a

signing in and out on itunes doesn't solve the issue for me.

5. macrumors member

courtney.bella

What he means is, sign into the account that you want the iPhone to be associated with. Stay signed in and sync the iPhone.

6. macrumors 6502a

If you have 3.0 installed. In settings there is a "Store" option. You should be able to switch there.

7. macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3GS (White, 32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16)

Yup, and I have to say I LOVE this feature. I can't even count the number of times I wanted to grab something from the Japanese iTMS store (or update an app from there) but couldn't, because I'm always signed into my US account on my Mac. :(

8. macrumors 6502a

I know what he means, thank you. I figured out my issue; I had some app's that I had purchased under a different itunes account. My iphone was prompting me for that specific accounts password.

9. macrumors member

Been looking for this solution for months, thank you.

Apple, please give us a solution for merging iTunes accounts, I ended up purchasing Match twice due to poor email confirmations. Now I have some songs in each of two accounts.