how to check whether you iphone 5 is locked or not?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hpye, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Hpye, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

macrumors 6502

2. macrumors regular

Not sure what is being asked here.

But if you wanted to know if you iPhone is unlocked, you dial *#06* to show your IMEI number.

Then you put that number on http://iphoneox.com to check if it's unlocked.

Hope this helps!

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

wow the link is so cool, but i bought it with no commitment price, so i think i am eligible to unlock it

4. macrumors regular

Yeah, it should come unlocked.

When you connect it to iTunes for the first time, it should say something in the lines of "Congratulations, your iPhone is now unlocked" on the iTunes screen without you doing anything else.

5. macrumors newbie

Did you make this site or are you really uninformed? Why would you give your IMEI to some random site?

6. macrumors regular

It's not like I gave away my social security number, but no I did not make the site. And the site has been mentioned countless times in this forums. Plus those guys on eBay used this site when I has my 4s unlocked.

7. macrumors regular

TSKY74

I've unlocked my ip5 on eBay and restored and received the "congrats" message in iTunes. But I check iphoneox and it says its locked. How accurate is that site?

8. macrumors 6502a

There are multiple sites like this and they can be very inaccurate:rolleyes:

9. macrumors 601

OneMike

I don't think those sites are accurate. iTunes can show unlocked and this site may still show device as locked.

10. macrumors 65816

I think that my replacement phone from Apple is locked it made me go though a bunch of extra steps

11. macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Restore your iPhone and if iTunes says "Congratulations this iPhone has been unlocked," then it's unlocked.

12. macrumors regular

TSKY74

Thanks for all the replies. I'll consider myself unlocked.

13. macrumors 6502a

nidserz

I have had an unlocked iPhone 4 and I never received the "congratulations your iPhone is unlocked" message. I haven't connected my iPhone 5 to iTunes, but it should be unlocked. Wonder if there is another, reliable way to check. Maybe I will see if someone has a different sim card I could borrow.