How to choose a case?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by MrMinor, Jan 24, 2011.

1. macrumors 6502

Jul 13, 2008
    There are so many different cases on the market. Is there one place to go that shows and compares the majority of the different cases/styles out there? I am feeling overwhelmed and do not even know where to start.
  2. macrumors 6502

Jul 13, 2008
    There are a whole bunch of cases out there. I find new ones each and every day.

I guess what it comes down to is what you want/like.

Book style or just a silicone cover. Or maybe even just a sleeve?

I have a sleeve, an Incase book jacket, an Incipio Dermashot, and a few other generic silicone covers from eBay.

Good luck with your search!
  3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Jul 13, 2008
    Yeah that is my problem. There are just so many to pick from. I guess I am looking for a book style one that also acts as a stand and is relatively inexpensive. Any recommendations along those lines?
  4. macrumors 6502a

Dec 8, 2009
    These forums are a good place to start.

I still haven't found my perfect case yet.
  5. macrumors newbie

Jul 8, 2008
    I'm in the same situation as MrMinor.

I'm looking for a stylish book-style case that is thin and very durable. I also don't wanna break the bank, so nothing that exceeds $50. I checked out the Portenzo cases and I love the composition notebook case but it costs too much.
  6. macrumors 6502

Jul 13, 2008
    The Apple iPad case isn't bad at all imo.

Book style, can stand, and is under $50. Very thin and doesn't add any bulk to it. The front cover is of a harder plastic I believe also.

My dad has one for his iPad and I find myself checking it out from time to time. I like it a lot.