How to clear macromedia flash player cache

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by 1hot5.0, Dec 8, 2005.

1. 1hot5.0 macrumors newbie

Nov 10, 2005
    I am trying to clear my macromedia flash player cache, however I can not find where it is located. Can someone tell me where the flash player cache is located?

2. super_kev macrumors 6502

Jan 12, 2005
    To my knowledge, there is no dedicated Flash cache. You'll want to clear your browser's cache.
  3. Xc3 macrumors newbie

Sep 27, 2007
  4. puffnut369 macrumors newbie

Dec 6, 2008
    well my friend and i were look for it and we found it yesterday and for a mac i dont know about a pc but for a mac you click on finder, you got to places and click on your name, than go to library, than preferences, than go to macromedia, then go to flash player, go to folder, then go to support, than go to flashplayer, than sys, and you have all you history of some sort
    hope this helped i dont know how to clear it but i do know it shows all of it
  5. Fluffykins macrumors newbie

Nov 4, 2009
    I was looking for this information for about 10 minutes before stumbling over this thread, so I just thought I'd revive it to give a clearcut "yes", if there is saved data from a flash applet it will be in

"\Users\(username)\Library\preferences\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\(some string [A-Z1-9]+)\(url)\"

That's where it stores the stuff it's referring to in the right click settings under "Local Storage
    How much information can (url) store on your computer"

The place where it stores those settings, such as the one above "Local Storage blah blah blah," is in

"...Flash Player\\#(url)\"