Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cleaner67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2003
am driving a second display on a 667 dvi PBG4 , how can i close the pb display without puting the thing to sleep?

bellis1

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2003
Wake it up

You should be able to wake it up even if it is closed by plugging in the monitor or plugging anything into the USB ports. Just make sure you do that after it is already closed. But I would be a little worried to keep it closed if it is a 12" just because those areas which are hot will come in close contact with the screen.

gbojim

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2002
Also, if you have a USB keyboard or mouse connected, just hit a key or wiggle the mouse and it will wake up.

cleaner67

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 10, 2003
the thing is...

i f##cked my PB's screen and am now driving an external Lacie, and am stuck looking at the busted PB screen which i would like to close. but when i close it ,it gos to sleep with the external M.

would like to close it and keep the lacie running..

gbojim

macrumors 6502
Jan 30, 2002
Let it go to sleep. The wake it up again by using or connecting a USB or FW device.

primalman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
at the end of the hall
Follow the instructions in the freaking book that came with your PB.

1. Put it to sleep by closing the lid.
2. Attach a USB keyboard and mouse.
3. Attach a monitor. If using a PB with a DVI port, make sure the DVI-VGA adapter is on the monitors cable first, that way the PB can auto-detect.
4. Hit a key on the USB keyboard.

Again, in the book.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.