How to Compress PS2 Games?

Discussion in 'Games' started by cdubb213, Dec 19, 2005.

1. cdubb213 macrumors member

Hi everyone,

I am having some difficulties backing up my God of War Game. I recently put a mod-chip in my PS2, because of my 12 year old cousin lending out and ruining my games. I use Toast 6 Titanium to back up my games and this is the first time i've ever come across a game 7gb. I thought toast would compress the size down to 4.7gb, but I think toast 7 has that feature. I tried DVD2oneX and created an image file, but no luck.

So I was wondering if anyone could give me any suggestions on what should I do. I am trying to avoid buying Toast 7.

Thank you!

2. ReanimationLP macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

You cant compress games.

Get DVD Dual Layer discs. That is what the game comes on, these discs hold up to 8.5 GB of data.

3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

You'll also need a dual layer drive to burn it with. Most new Macs have them these days.

If the game were compressable, the game designer would have done so to cut down on manufacturing charges.

4. slagonnee macrumors member

Also you'll want to check to see if your modchip will support dual layer discs. Most all of the recent ones do, but if you had an older chip installed, it might not recognize the burns.

5. cdubb213 thread starter macrumors member

I want to thank everyone for helping me out. I had a feeling that PS2 games could not be compressed but I was hoping they could. I usually use Verbatim White Inkjet Printable DVD-R, but I don't think they have them for dual layer use. I will check it out.

Thanks!

6. Smitty macrumors newbie

i believe that this game needs to be patched for a start and also rebulit with ISObuster. Have a look on a search engine

Cheers