How to connect a 15" Apple Studio Display to Macbook

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ozer, Sep 12, 2006.

1. ozer macrumors newbie

Could anyone help me locate a source for a ADC to Mini DVI cable to connect a 15" Apple Studio Display to my new MacBook? Thanks...

2. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Not sure if they exist. You may need miniDVI - DVI + DVI - ADC

3. jmsait19 macrumors 6502

That's an old CRT display is it not?

May I inquire as to why you would do this? Is it for a Dual Monitor setup, or are you planning to use the 15" instead?

4. ozer thread starter macrumors newbie

How to connect a 15" Apple Studio Display to Macbook

Yes I would like to use the dual monitor setup. And that studio display is an LCD.
    Also, as far as I could find out, using a mini-DVI to DVI connector + a DVI to ADC will also require a double sided DVI connector with female ends on both sides. I am looking for a off the shelf cable that does all of that, instead of trying to put together one at home. Any more ideas?

5. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

for an all in one your out of luck

you could do it with a DVI-ADC and a mini DVI to DVI, but make sure it's a DVI-ADC and not the other way around, as you cant change it from female to male or whatever, it either has power and usb (aka ADC) or it does not, a DVI-ADC converter adds power and usb via extra cableing, an ADC-DVI cable just removes the power and usb signals and changes the shape of the plug.

6. ozer thread starter macrumors newbie