How to control upload/download speeds?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Music_Producer, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Music_Producer macrumors 68000

Sep 25, 2004
    I know there are a ton of products out there which help to 'increase' your download speed. I am looking for an application that can control the download/upload speed.. slow it down or increase it.

Also, is it possible to slow down the download rate.. but keep the upload rate the same? Tried looking for products which can achieve this but can't seem to find any. Any info is appreciated, thanks! :)
  2. beatsme macrumors 65816

Oct 6, 2005
    why would you want to slow it down? I don't mean that in a wise-guy kind of way, but most people seem to want the other way 'round
  3. superbovine macrumors 68030

Nov 7, 2003
    Post what application(s) you are trying to throttle, the answer will vary upon the application.
  4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Some modern routers can limit their throughput too. I know my Linksys modem/router can, not that I ever use that feature personally.
  5. matt9b macrumors member

Sep 23, 2008
    Wow such useless answers to such a basic question.

There are plenty of reasons why he might want to control his download speed.

One obvious example, is to release available bandwidth for other users or computers on his network or in his house.

Does anyone know of a basic app that can do what he asks?
  6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Aug 13, 2006
    1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
    HELLO. TWO YEARS OLD. He doesn't care anymore. Nice job razzing on a moderator, as well.
  7. VSMacOne macrumors 601

Oct 18, 2008
    LOL... epic!! :D
    This gets my vote for worst-dead-thread-resurrection of the year!!
  8. Amdahl macrumors 65816

Jul 28, 2004
  9. matt9b macrumors member

Sep 23, 2008

I was looking for an answer too to that question, that's all. Found it in a google search.
  10. matt9b macrumors member

Sep 23, 2008
    thanks.. is there no program with graphic interface?