Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jcsurfn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2003
Pismo Beach, CA.
Hi!

I have loaded all my music on my computer using iTunes. I guess iTunes puts it on the computer as a Mpeg4?

I have a stereo in my car thhat plays MP3, windows media and Wav i think. I am looking for a good and easdy way to convert my music that I loaded with iTunes to a MP3 or other files to burn on a disc to hear on my car stereo?

Anyone know of a good programe to do that? I have a PC also so I am looking to download something that can help me do that?

Any help is greatly appreciated. :D

Thank You

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Go into your iTunes preferences and under the "Advanced" menu select the "importing" tab. Set your import settings to whatever you want. Go back to the main iTunes window and select all the songs you want to convert. Right click (control-click) and from the menu choose "Convert Selection to MP3". Done. The "Convert Selection" feature is pretty useful and is controlled by you "import" settings.

Lethal

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
mad jew said:
Does that work for iTMS songs?

If not, then I think you might have to burn them as regular Audio CDs and then reimport them. :eek:

For iTMS songs you'd have to burn to CD then rip, but it didn't sound like the OP had any iTMS trax.

Lethal

jcsurfn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2003
Pismo Beach, CA.
Thank You for your reply.

I changed my import option to MP3.

Then I converted some songs to MP3 like you said. Am I going to looose quality in converting the AAC to a MP3? Do mot people import as a AAC or MP3? What is better?

Also I saw that you can change the burning under the advaced prefs. to MP3 disc. Is this a good way to burn a MP3 disc?

Also when I coverted the songs I have on my computer to a MP3 it just made another file. So I now have 2 of the same song in my library just one is a AAC and one is a MP3. Shouls I get rid of the AAC or is that a better file?

Also I do have some songs that I bought from the iTunes music store. They are protected so I can not convert them. Is the best way to burn themon a disc as a audio file and the import them as a MP3? Or is that the only way?

I am sorry for all the questions. Thank You for your help

Thank You

frankblundt

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2005
South of the border
jcsurfn said:
Am I going to looose quality in converting the AAC to a MP3? Do mot people import as a AAC or MP3? What is better?
You will lose quality by converting. If you can be bothered, re-rip them from the cds as mp3. AAC is better quality and smaller files but not as widely playable - it's up to you really
jcsurfn said:
Also I saw that you can change the burning under the advaced prefs. to MP3 disc. Is this a good way to burn a MP3 disc?
yes (the only way, from iTunes), but you need to convert the tracks to mp3 first
jcsurfn said:
Also when I coverted the songs I have on my computer to a MP3 it just made another file. So I now have 2 of the same song in my library just one is a AAC and one is a MP3. Shouls I get rid of the AAC or is that a better file?"
it's "better" but if you want mp3s then you might as well dump it

jcsurfn said:
Also I do have some songs that I bought from the iTunes music store. They are protected so I can not convert them. Is the best way to burn themon a disc as a audio file and the import them as a MP3? Or is that the only way?
yes, the only way

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.