How to convince someone to get a Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dotdotdot, Feb 5, 2005.

1. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    This is because my Dad, who just came home from a long trip and promised me a Mac mini has just decided not to get me one. i need to convince him that Macs are good - how would I do this??

How do I convince someone to get a Mac?
  2. atari1356 macrumors 68000

Feb 27, 2004
    What do you plan on using it for?

Any chance of getting your dad into an Apple store and showing him Mac Mini, and software that comes with it? There's nothing really comparable to the iLife apps in the PC world... at least nothing that's so tightly integrated.

Or, you could just secretly "borrow" his credit card for a day or two and do an "in-house demonstration" of a Mac Mini. ;)
  3. dotdotdot thread starter macrumors 68020

Jan 23, 2005
    I could! I have an iTunes account so I can use my account to buy it but I wouldnt do that... unless the suggestions suck! lol

I am going to use it for like, everything...

The problem with getting him into an Apple store - he hasn't seen the light. He doesn't even want to go to the Apple store!
  4. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Has your Dad said no because you already have fairly well specced Windows PC and he doesn't see why you need another computer? Or because he's planning on getting you another Windows one?

If the latter, you have lots of price/value arguments that you could use.

If the former, then perhaps he's right. Do you really NEED the Mac Mini or do you just want one? Perhaps offering to pay for it (or at least part of it yourself) might change his change his mind. Or offer to let him sell your Windows PC.