How to Cool your Macbook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by bald, Apr 18, 2011.

1. macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I recently bought my MBA a week ago when I used it to drain the battery of course the fan will start moving faster and heat builds up same problem I had with my old MBP I guess with a faster processor there will always be more heat involved. I was wondering whats the best way to lessen the heat of my MBA?

2. macrumors 6502a

gdeputy

The MBA in my experience doesn't get very warm.. Generally the machine does a great job of cooling itself. If your having severe heat I would consider bringing it to apple, or if it's not severe you can look into cooling pad solutions.

3. macrumors 6502

4. macrumors 68000

pimentoLoaf

I always have had success with a wire dishrack betwixt my Macs and some book. Otherwise, you can still get one of these for decent airflow over the aluminum.

5. macrumors 65816

I laughed out loud when I read this lol.

6. macrumors member

Do you have the Ultimate by chance? Mine only gets warm when im running flash video's.

7. macrumors regular

hey, in asia it's quite hot you know?? :mad:

8. macrumors 6502

Tell me about it, 24 degrees celcius and it's 9:15am. :eek:

9. macrumors 6502

Install iStat Pro to monitor your laptop. It can help to identify what's causing the heating.

10. macrumors 65816

NZed

Yes, but its designed to use in a heat like that. Or else you wouldnt get them there.

11. macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

The Fridge:cool:

Attached Files:

12. macrumors regular

yeah, it might feels lame to turn on your air conditioner in america, but in asia it's a common thing.. also i've used a desktop w/o AC and with AC, u can see the difference!!

13. macrumors 65816

NZed

im from an asian country and i know how it feels... and i can also see the difference but i notice no performance change(of course)!

14. macrumors newbie

same problem in italy too, I installed an utility like speedfan on pc, but i noticed that was giving problems cause it was always working, so uninstalled it but heat is often at 70C° or more ... you think those usb support with fans should work? I think not so much...but I had the idea to enlarge the cuts on the chassis of the mba maybe just where the fan is... you think is ok?:confused::confused:

15. macrumors 65816

Heat in the body means that the heat is moving from the internals to the body where it will dissipate into the air, that is a good thing. The radiator in your car gets hot, that is heat escaping from the engine to keep the engine cool, same principle