How to Copy Multiple CDs --> 1 DVD?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mcmike100, May 6, 2005.

1. mcmike100 macrumors member

Jan 31, 2005
    I have a program with multiple discs and I was wondering if there's any way to transfer them all to one DVD for easier transport?

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    You could just make disk images of them and burn those to a DVD. Should be easy to do with Disk Utility or Toast.
  3. mcmike100 thread starter macrumors member

Jan 31, 2005
    Will they still be recognized as the individual CDs though?
  4. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    If you record a set of images onto the DVD, then you'll be able to have it appear as several different CDs (ie. you'd have several CD icons on the desktop and each would show different files).
  5. mcmike100 thread starter macrumors member

Jan 31, 2005
    Ok, thanks. So I have both ISOs, now how do I burn both to the one DVD? After I've burned the first ISO on, when I click burn on the second one it ejects the DVD, waiting for a new one.
  6. mcmike100 thread starter macrumors member

Jan 31, 2005
    I've tried both Toast and Disk Utility now and can't figure it out on either one.
  7. motulist macrumors 68040

Dec 2, 2003
    First off, I've never done what you're trying to do. Having said that, it sounds like you're burning 1 image to the dvd and then expecting to burn another. That's not gonna work. In Toast, what you want to do is burn a data cd that has all the separate disk images on it at the same time. To make it easy, just take all the cd disk images you want on the dvd and drag them to a folder on your hd. Then in toast select the "data" tab as the type of disk you want to burn. Then just drag the folder with the images in it to the Toast window. Then burn it. When you open that dvd you'll see your folder. Open the folder, select all cd images and double click. All your cd's will show up on the desktop.

Hope that helps.
  8. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    I don't think you can, but you could make disk images of each CD in Toast, and burn them to DVD using the Mac & PC format. This may only work on the Mac though. As you load the DVD, you can mount each CD image and it'll show up as a real CD. Some programs may not recognize it as a physical CD though. It's best to experiment.
  9. mcmike100 thread starter macrumors member

Jan 31, 2005
    Thanks, I did it in Toast and it works for Mac, but not for PC. It loads the individual CDs as .dmg files on the DVD. Any idea what to do for PC?