How To Create A Link Document?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ArtMan617, Oct 18, 2002.

1. ArtMan617
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

Sorry to be wasting anyone's time with what may seem like a novice's question, but I'm stumped. I'm trying to make a link document (like the kind one sees on occasion in an application's folder...). It looks like a little document, but with either IE or Netscape related images on the doc and when you double-click it it brings the top window to the site...well, how can I make my own? I've tried copying other link docs that I have on my HD, then opening them in TextEdit and changing the URL, but then I'm left with a text file, not a LINK as it is called in the Get Info window...any ideas? Also, does anyone know how to make a menu button for IE (like the MacRumors link that can be put in the little shelf at the top of IE's window)? Thanks in advance for the help...

-ArtMan617

2. Durandal7
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68040

Enter the address in the browser's address bar then select the text and drag it to the desktop, in IE at least.

3. ArtMan617
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors regular

That's exactly what I was trying to do! Thank you so much! BTW, do you know where I can find that MR IE browser button?

-ArtMan617